ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally blooded the Silver Hawk slug gun
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:06 am 
Diamond Grade

Brief write up but.

I finally got to take the Beretta Silver Hawk for a walk out at a little spot across the border I've always liked but has gotten far to overgrown to hunt with a rifle.
I headed into check up on a gully I thought might have a wallow in it now the fires have cleared their old spots.
As it turns out there's 6 massive and well used ones so I'm going to have to take some cameras out again and do a bit more exploring.
But as I was skirting it I saw some brush in the head of the gully looked like something was browsing it, I snuck up expecting a Wombat but found a Sambar Hind 40m away instead.

One shot from the 12ga and 1oz GB slug rocked her and she staggered around the corner before I could get the second barrel off.
But I headed around to where I can get down to the bottom of the fully where she was about 30m further up the hill.
As I got to the bottom and began to head to where she was hit and I noticed a lot of red tinged bracken that on closer inspection a blood trail a blind man could have followed. 20m more along up the trail and I turned to follow it up the hill, there 10m or so was the Hind staring at me on the ground under some very thick brush.
I put one in the chest to finish her off and crawled in there after her and now my freezer is full again. :onya:

Attachment:
IMG_20201214_201105.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20201214_201415.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20201214_201351.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Finally blooded the Silver Hawk slug gun
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Congrats on a nice score. Looks like a pretty large animal from the pictures. About how much do you think she weighed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

Probably somewhere around the 70-80kg mark so around 155lb-175lbs.
Ive shot bigger Hinds over the 250lb mark, but this one is about as big as I want to anyway, I like em young and tender.
The stags get real big, sometimes 3 times the weight of any Hind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sounds delicious!