ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Syren question
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hello,
My wife currently shoots an A400 Xcel with KO system. She has been interested in looking at an Over/Under. I suggested the Syren line. She has never held one. She has shot my Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting. She did not like the recoil at all. I know my gun does not fit her and that will make some difference in felt recoil. I know the Syren line is made to specifically for women but will that reduce the felt recoil that much?
Thanks

NSCA #653662 B Class shooter
Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting
"Left hand shooter, I guess I am in the right state of mind"

Post subject: Re: Syren quesrltion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 pm 
Crown Grade

If it fits her well it will kick less than one that does not. IMO, she is the ONLY one that can answer that question. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oyeme wrote:
If it fits her well it will kick less than one that does not. IMO, she is the ONLY one that can answer that question. Good luck!

What he said.

Plus you are close enough to Caesar Guerini USA's headquarters to make an appointment for her to shoulder a gun there. Also check on the Syren website for nearby demo days. MAJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
So before I gave up my Invictus I pulled the stock recoil weights and addded it to my wife’s 20g Syren Tempio. She was like recoil was fine before, now the gun just weighs too much. Lol.

That’s the 20, but I can honestly say that the recoil is negligible on her Syren, as well as any CG we’ve owned/shot. Good gun fit goes a looooooooong way in helping perceived recoil. She didn’t do a 12g not because of recoil, but because of the weight of shouldering the gun 100+ times during a SC round.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Has your wife's A400 Xcel been fitted to her?

I wholeheartedly agree that a gun that fits the shooter significantly reduces the felt recoil compared to the same gun with at stock that does not fit the size and shape of the shooter.

How tall is your wife?

However, when comparing an A400 Xcel that weighs the same as any over/under with stocks having similar dimensions, the A400 will have noticeably less felt recoil.

Fit has a considerable affect on felt recoil but I doubt that a well fitting o/u would reduce felt recoil enough to make it equal a gas gun with the KO system, assuming the A400 Xcel fits your wife.

Author of "Stock Fitter's Bible, Second Edition," which explains the interrelationships between shooting form, stock dimensions and a shooter's size and shape http://www.amazon.com/Stock-Fitters-Bible-Second-Edition/dp/1451570384

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Cooper4141 wrote:
I know the Syren line is made to specifically for women but will that reduce the felt recoil that much?

I see others have already chimed in on the proper gun fit, and they're 100% spot on! The perceived felt recoil can be overcome pretty easy with a gun that fits her. My wife shoots the Syren Tempio Sporting 12g and loves it! She's small and never thought she could shoot a 12g. Most guys have the same mindset and try to push the subgauges on their better halves, but if they're shooting the right ammo and have a proper fitting gun it does makes all the difference in the world. Grab her a box of Fiocchi 7/8oz. and she's good to go.

Just fyi, Syren does make an L4S semi-auto sporter that has like zero felt recoil if she's super sensitive to that and likes SAs. Maybe give that a demo at an event. Compare it to the O/U's. See which one she prefers. https://syrenusa.com/syren-l4s-sporting/ personally, my wife likes the O/U's and so do I. Less cleaning. More shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

Cooper4141 wrote:
Hello,
My wife currently shoots an A400 Xcel with KO system. She has been interested in looking at an Over/Under. I suggested the Syren line. She has never held one. She has shot my Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting. She did not like the recoil at all. I know my gun does not fit her and that will make some difference in felt recoil. I know the Syren line is made to specifically for women but will that reduce the felt recoil that much?
Thanks

Get 1 ounce shells at 1200 fpm or so. My wife will happily shoot those in her O/U. She does not like 1 1/8 oz at all.