Shotgun Forum banner

Trigger replacement for Fabarms RS12 Axis

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Central FL Mike 
#1 ·
I am not certain if this is the correct forum to place this request for help, but if it isn't, could someone kindly point me in the correct direction. I would like to say at the outset that this request is not intended to malign any gun manufacturer or anyone else. I am relatively new to shotgun competitions and frankly have only come to it for my sons. Both of them enjoy sporting clays and have shot some registered matches over the last year. When we got involved in December of 2019, a trusted friend recommended Fabarms for an intermediate grade competition gun that had an adequate length of pull reduction for a 10 and 12 year old. I bought them each an Elos n2 Allsport and Bought myself an Axis RS12 allsport. Customer service at Fabarms has been amazing and they have happily fixed a non functioning intertia block (gun wouldn't switch to the other barrel after firing), a cracked forearm (my son dropped when cleaning), a complete failure to fire either barrel, and replaced a front bead when the other one got loose and I attempted to "clean" the threads...thus eliminating them entirely. All of this had been accomplished on the N2Allsports in under 1 year with no questions asked and with great customer service. The last gun that was taken to them was my Axis RS12. I began noticing significant trigger creep that varied from barrel to barrel and within the same barrel. As new, the trigger was crisp on both barrels and was much more consistent than either of the Elos models. Unfortunately, the RS12 was returned this time with an explanation that the trigger mechanism is within tolerances.....so despite noticing a significant change from baseline and "creep" that is worse than most A/R triggers, I am being told that nothing can be done to return it to it's "new" condition. I was told that no one does trigger replacements on Fabarms and found that difficult to believe. I have almost $9000 invested in these 3 guns and my boys have since switched to A400's because of the guns being back and forth to maryland for repairs. They have also found the semi's to be lighter and easier to handle from a recoil perspective. They do shoot trap, however, and they shoot subgauges in SC for which I have some Briley sidekicks for the Elos's. So, I don't really want to get rid of the Elos's or the AXIS. I just want a trigger that is more consistent and has a predictable "break". I have a history with competitive rifle shooting, both highpower and smallbore, and I recognize that shotgun triggers are not rifle triggers. That being said, I shot a Kreighoff K80 the other day and noticed zero creep and very consistent and crisp trigger break....so I know that something exists that is far better than what I have in the AXIS right now. As a matter of fact, both of the ELOS's triggers, in a lesser expensive model of gun, function more predictably and more crisply than the AXIS. Can anyone point me in the direction of a gunsmith who may be able to help...or to an aftermarket trigger that might make this gun feel more comfortable for me? Thanks in advance for any help.

See less See more
#5 ·
So here is the follow up.
Mailed the gun via UPS from PA on March 9. UPS confirmed delivery on March 11. On March 15, I texted Mr. Marlette to verify receipt. Return text from Mr. Marlette not only confirmed receipt, but that he had finished correcting the problem with both sears. Follow up conversation confirmed that the triggers were unpredictable and had so much creep that they were bordering on dangerous. He confirmed that the second trigger had so much creep that it almost bottomed out prior to the sear disengaging. His professionalism and honesty was appreciates aftr the run around that I got from the manufacturer. I received the gun today and indeed, the noticeable creep that still exists.....is essentially what I remembered the gun having when new......possibly a little less. The triggers are both consistent in pull weight and crisp on sear release. The $300 I spent on what should have been a warranty repair only proves that warranties are only as good as the companies want them to be. Fabarms claims a 5!year warranty against defects of manufacturing, unless, I guess, it is something they don't care to fix. Up until this last experience, I was impressed with Fabarms customer service. This last experience has changed that forever. Thank you Curly, for the recommendation. Thank you Mr. Marlette, for returning my $3500 shotgun to a usable condition....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.