ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Follow Up about my Flinch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:56 am 
Presentation Grade

I was able only to practice twice since I posted about my problems occaisonally pulling the trigger on incomers (flinching).

I went back to using my index finger as my trigger finger; and while I kept my finger inside the trigger guard I kept my finger tip off the trigger until I was ready to fire.

I took Don Zutz's advice and started taking Glysine and Taurine (amino acids.) Though I have doubts, I figured the supplements can't hurt and might even help my pickleball game.

Finally, on incomers, I forced myself to pull the trigger as soon as I went from soft focus to hard focus.

I didn't have one flinch, though I sort of had an almost flinch, which I am pretty sure was caused by my doubting the lead. (I was measuring.)

Also, I still have trouble controling the trajectory of my barrel, and I do not always float the bird. (My gun's POI is 70/30.) I believe the reason I have trajectory trouble is because I am often not tracking the target correctly. This is more of a problem on outgoers where I am still struggling to break my bad habit of having my eyes streak ahead of the target. (Todd Bender wrote about this shooting defect two years ago in Shotgun Sports Magazine.)

I will keep you folks posted.

Randy, in Montana, but always from Brooklyn.