ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 50 straight but---
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I finally got my 50 and almost 75 missing the option on 8 low, damn.The only trouble is I was the only one at the range. (voice activated control). 45 degrees and 15mph winds.I guess it does not matter if my friends don't believe me I know

Post subject: Re: 50 straight but---
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:02 am 
Diamond Grade

Here ya go. {hs#

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You the one that needs to know it happened - Congratulations. But, did you shoot your own hat?

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:26 am 
Crown Grade

Not sure if it helps you, but my first 75 straight, which included by first 50 straight was by myself and I count it!

Sometimes shooting by yourself is harder than with a group.

Congrats.

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been thinking about this. I feel when you are shooting alone you are going to do better. You can move at your own pace and there are less distractions and you are less anxious waiting for your turn. I can see shooting straights in a squad is going to be much more difficult. I am one that does not like standing in a line waiting my turn. These silly little irritations wear on you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:04 pm 
Field Grade

Seriously, for anyone who can shoot 74 straight, their shooting buddies will have seen them shoot many many great rounds when squaded, so they should show little surprise when you tell about your great practice round.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I live in a small town and shoot with up to 6 other guys. We have one skeet range that is around 5 years old, so all of us are kinda new to the game.Our bunch is about all that shoots skeet. I keep track of our scores . Two of us can shoot a straight so as it is no surprise. It is a rare event when the other guys get one. Never has two guys shot a 25 in the same round which I am hoping will happen some day.
I hope every one of us shoots well so they keep coming back .There are so few of us and the club needs the income. A couple of years ago we lost a regular who showed up with a new .410 and shot it awful. He never showed up again. No one made fun of him and encouraged him saying it was a bad night .He never came again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 am 
Utility Grade

I believe you. COngrats!!!!

It never gets old shooting 25 straight. By yourself, with people, practice or registered.
50 is awesome!!

You'll get you 75 straight and beyond soon!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:22 pm 
Field Grade

Congratulations, wrfish.
I agree with your belief that when you shoot alone, you probably do better. I find this with my golf game as well. When I play alone I shoot much better scores overall. I am more relaxed, don't have to make any adjustments for, or wait on, a playing partner. Fewer distractions. Concentration is more focused. Good job.