ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My new Concurrent for 2021....Retired Military!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

John Henry wrote:
JoeCool wrote:
So, John Henry, which came first, Air Force or Navy?
The usual path, I would guess is Navy first, then Air Force,
because you did not like being at sea 6 months at a whack.
But you are located in Northern Virginia, and I am guessing
more Navy up there than Air Force, so that would say you
did the Air Force first then went Navy.

What was your best assignment? The worst?

Actually, 4 years enlisted in the Air Force, then out for almost 7 years (college, etc.) and then a commission in the Navy to fly P-3s. The Pentagon and so many gov't agencies probably equalize the services here, but there's a lot of Army bases in the Area, and also Andrews AFB. No major Navy bases here.

My 1st assignment in the AF was probably my most fun. A 19 year old kid living in Madrid, Spain. Didn't realize how much I liked it , until I left, and got back to the states.

While many guys hate their disassociated sea tour, I loved my 2 years on the aircraft carrier. Most exciting job a person could ever hope to have. 12-16 hour days on the flight deck, launching and recovering jets! Non-stop adrenaline! I'd kill to have a job that got me that excited again in my life!!

There's nothing like working the Roof. My last sea tour was 66 months: I hated shore duty with a passion. I will always miss the boat :)