ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Does this term bother you?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:53 am 
Tournament Grade

It is not a weapon if used on inanimate objects or game animals for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

no because her first language was not english.

here in germany, you will be instructed to place your “waffen” in a case before leaving the Olympia Range in Munich.

Your gun license will be your WBK (your Waffenbesitzkarte). Waffen doesn’t really mean weapon in the English sense as much as it means “firearm” and your dictionary and her dictionary might vary.

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:08 pm 
Crown Grade

oldskeetshooter wrote:
..........Biden may not take down the NRA, but the NRA will make whatever concessions they need to satisfy D.C. and still stay in business. There are too many huge, inflated, salaries at the NRA. Follow the money, Always follow the money.

Did I just see the NRA filed bankruptcy , and leaving NY and is moving to Texas? I thought they were in Virginia?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:35 am 
Crown Grade

Not a weapon, unless it is used to inflict bodily harm or death on a human being.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:04 am 
Presentation Grade

drove past a gun shop today and was reminded of this post. In German, “waffen” really just means “gun”.

The word in this link should give that away as well as the banner at the top of the page after you open it. So the girl said “weapon” because it was an english cognate for “weapon” even though it doesn’t exactly translate well.

https://www.waffen-rabitsch.de/

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:50 am 
Tournament Grade

I believe that the NRA is headquartered in Virginia but incorporated in NY. They have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, perhaps in part, to escape from the NY lawsuit.
Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:29 am 
Presentation Grade

Halwg wrote:
Not a weapon, unless it is used to inflict bodily harm or death on a human being.

Clearly it is a weapon, and it's that simple fact which both makes it useful and imposes on each of us the sobering responsibility to treat it as what it actually is.

We cannot euphemize the implement's nature or minimize our attitudes about it without shirking a vital responsibility to treat it as what it is.

Words are poor weapons, and are helpful only in stating truths. We should not skulk away from the fundamental truths about our weapons or our virtues.

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:47 am 
Presentation Grade

At a very high level competition last weekend with international crowd. Weapon word was used more than once by those who didn't speak English as a first language. Didn't phase me one bit.