ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Blaser Open has a new name.....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:13 pm 
Crown Grade

....now the Triple J open.

Is Blaser just not interested in supporting Skeet anymore?

Post subject: Re: The Blaser Open has a new name.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 am 
Limited Edition

Blaser made an eleven year commitment, as did the previous sponsor, 10 years(Tony Ann Rogers). The Three J's only made a 5 year commitment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am looking forward to attending the new Triple J, sounds like it should be a great shoot. Hope to see everyone there.

Best regards,
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:42 am 
Presentation Grade

I just read that in the Target Talk e-mail. I spoke with the Blaser folks at Worlds and they had to cut back on staffing and sponsorships. They only had their shop open a few times during that week. Everyone had to take shifts keeping their home office open. The plague hit them pretty hard, financially.

I'm sure my buddy and I will make it to the new Triple J.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm 
Crown Grade

I should be there, we sent registration in a few weeks ago. I like that they said they want to have more social experience. Quite frankly, the Blaser is a pretty boring shoot, and Blaser didn't really do much for it...other than the sponsor money, which is what I guess some really care about!

To be fair, it's often cold and windy, so not a great climate for social gatherings after shooting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:25 pm 
Field Grade

After 2020 shutdowns, and the current uncertainty in an antigun political climate I expect more companies to withdraw sponsorships

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 am 
Presentation Grade

John Henry wrote:
I should be there, we sent registration in a few weeks ago. I like that they said they want to have more social experience. Quite frankly, the Blaser is a pretty boring shoot, and Blaser didn't really do much for it...other than the sponsor money, which is what I guess some really care about!

To be fair, it's often cold and windy, so not a great climate for social gatherings after shooting.

I've always enjoyed the Blaser. I was my first big shoot that I attended my rookie season. Like you said, Blaser really had nothing to do with my enjoyment. I'll look forward to a new format with new sponsors. Send me a PM when you get your RV spot number. I'll do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:51 am 
Crown Grade

For what it’s worth, I saw a statement from Blaser that they were approached by the new sponsors about taking over that event. Blaser says they will now use that money for additional sponsorship of the Worlds.

We always enjoyed the Blaser. It was the real start of the tournament season. The fact that my son won the 28 gauge there when he was 17 makes it have a special spot in our heart. The NSSA had it ranked number 6 at that time, so a very competitive field.