ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Need help hitting clays
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mismost wrote:
axis II... go find an instructor. Take a series of lessons. Only listen to one voice...his...the guy you are paying to stand behind you. You will learn much quicker and save thousands in shells and targets and time and frustration. A good instructor will check out eye dominance, gun fit, and gun mount. A good instructor will help you build your game. Instill good form and good habits now....or you can spend more time and money correcting and relearning later.

IMO, these forums can be the absolute worst place to learn how to shoot for several reasons. First we can not see you shoot. We can spout most misses are behind or above or below...hell we don't know, we can't see you shoot. The problem is seldom WHERE you shot, the problem is more often WHY you shot there in first place. Second, you get so much well meaning information here (and at gun clubs everywhere) that it will make your head spin. Taking advice from 14 different well meaning fellow shooters is a recipe for frustration, fatigue, and failure. Start right Stay right axis.

This !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Your brain is a wonderful computer. It will compute the lead automatically if you just let it. If you swing through the target and then look back at the bird to check the lead before you pull the trigger you will stop your swing every time and shoot behind the bird. Pull through the bird... pull the trigger... maintain your swing - follow through. And get some more open chokes for your shotgun: skeet/skeet or skeet/IC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 am 
Crown Grade

axis ii Please e mail me and then we can find a time when you can call me from a skeet field. I will coach you over the phone and have you confidently breaking targets within 15 minutes. All it will cost you is the phone call :D

http://www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:58 pm 
Crown Grade

axis ii I was serious with my offer. I can't do tomorrow but if you give me a suitable time on Wednesday that you can call me from a skeet field from your cell phone, I will get you confidently hitting targets. What have you got to lose? :D

www.peteblakeley.com