ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Americase
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

Is it correct that Americase has quit making cases? Just ordered the last 2 barrel tube case that was in stock.

Post subject: Re: Americase
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yep

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Glad I ordered in time. What will people do to get 2 barrel tube set cases?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Doug Hubbard in CO is still making cases like the Americase, but dunno any details on pricing, configurations, or lead times.

The only off the shelf option will be the Negrini, of which I am NOT a fan.

The best/cheapest/quickest option will likely be to configure a Pelican 1700 to your needs.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Doug Hubbard in CO is still making cases like the Americase, but dunno any details on pricing, configurations, or lead times.

The only off the shelf option will be the Negrini, of which I am NOT a fan.

The best/cheapest/quickest option will likely be to configure a Pelican 1700 to your needs.

I'm not a Negrini fan also.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:38 am 
Limited Edition

Briley shows they still have them in stock if you want to pay full retail price .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:27 am 
Presentation Grade

That sucks!! Not a fan of Negrini either. I loved that Americase had a shop at the NSC. I always stopped in there to say hello. My buddy bought 2 cases there at the Worlds the year before last. I got mine fixed last year (velcro came off on the tube concealment lid) and my buddy had a wheel break on his new case and the guy fixed it right on the spot. They will be missed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:08 am 
Field Grade

I have a model 3014 for sale, if you know anyone looking, drop me a message.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:56 pm 
Crown Grade

Unfortunately, it is Negrini who put Americase out of business. And as much as I like competition in the market place, the Negrini for a 2-barrel carrier set weighs 10 lbs less than the Americase case equivalent, believe me, I weighed them both.

All the maor shotgun manufacturers switched to Negrini....molded plastic is much cheaper than fabricated metal.

Without a doubt the Americase is more rugged, for flying, etc. But the lighter weight of the Negrini is just so much nicer for day to day use.....especially when you are carrying it from the basement, up the steps, through the house, down the garage steps, and out to the truck....and then back again......3-4 times a week in the shooting season!!

When I fly, I use a softcase (Boyt) with a TuffPak....the only way to travel with a gun!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:32 am 
Crown Grade

John Henry wrote:
When I fly, I use a softcase (Boyt) with a TuffPak....the only way to travel with a gun!!
You got that right John. I discovered that about 20 years ago. My TuffPak would hold both of our Boyt soft cases when we flew to shoots. The TuffPak is also airline proof. After 20 plus trips, it is still in original condition. And soft cases are MUCH easier to take to and from the range whether from home or a motel. It's a wonder that more shooters haven't discovered that truth.

Retired

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 am 
Tournament Grade

John Henry wrote:
Unfortunately, it is Negrini who put Americase out of business. And as much as I like competition in the market place, the Negrini for a 2-barrel carrier set weighs 10 lbs less than the Americase case equivalent, believe me, I weighed them both.

All the maor shotgun manufacturers switched to Negrini....molded plastic is much cheaper than fabricated metal.

Without a doubt the Americase is more rugged, for flying, etc. But the lighter weight of the Negrini is just so much nicer for day to day use.....especially when you are carrying it from the basement, up the steps, through the house, down the garage steps, and out to the truck....and then back again......3-4 times a week in the shooting season!!

I would agree with this. Use to have Americase nothing wrong with it and loved it but my new Kolar and Blaser both have Negrini cases. I have carrier barrel and tubes for both so with 2 barrels and full set of tubes the Negrini case is day and night compared to the Americase for weight especially if you have two of them. Yes its plastic but having flown with it 50+ times now I can say it is a very durable case. Knock on wood I have never had anything brake.
Just a tip for flying I bought a cheep electric keyboard/piano bag that I put my Negrini case in just to protect it more and keep it from getting scuffed.
something like this.
Attachment:
Capture.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

this is a possible alternative

https://icc-case.com/product/3614-a-dou ... tgun-case/

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a 2 barrel tube Americase that I liked, but I haven't missed it once after getting a Negrini. So much lighter, and flying is as simple as throwing it in this Pelican case that fits it perfectly and has wheels on one end:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have an Americase, which I have used once, to fly to/from the Orvis shooting school in VT. It does not have wheels, and by the time I got home my right arm felt like it was two inches longer than the left. Since then I've used the Boyt soft case in a TuffPak roller, which is wonderful. Plus I can pack all my shooting gear with the gun, and nothing about the TuffPak screams "firearm." MAJ