ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 6679
Location: Mascoutah IL
I have no connection to the seller, but thought I'd post in case someone is in the market for a very good skeet gun.

These don't come up often and unless it goes much higher than current bid will be a bargain. If I didn't already have a 20 and 28 gauge of this model, I would jump on this one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894715705




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm
Posts: 3685
Location: Sag Harbor, New York
Very nice. I have always been sorry that I sold my 20 gauge XS Skeet.

Bob

_________________
Robert Kittine WA2YDV
New York, New York & Sag Harbor, New York


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 6679
Location: Mascoutah IL
Yea, I had 28 & 410 sub-gauge tubes fitted to my 20 gauge. It's my primary Skeet gun and if I found another new old stock I would jump on it.

I just purchased the 28 gauge last year and it was new in the box. It is a distributor special gun that was ordered with blued finish instead of silver nitrite.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 764
Location: Massachusetts
I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years, they are great guns.

My son is shooting the 20 GA XS Skeet

I still have a pair of safe queens, two XS Ultra's in 28 and 410


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am
Posts: 888
icyclefar wrote:
I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years,

Have you had an XS Pro-Comp? Those are the real prizes. They came from the factory set up to be tubed. Didn't need any trigger work, plus had a barrel weight to be used to simulate the weight of the sub-gauge tubes when the gun was shot as a 12 gauge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:00 pm
Posts: 1135
Location: north carolina
DEG wrote:
Yea, I had 28 & 410 sub-gauge tubes fitted to my 20 gauge. It's my primary Skeet gun and if I found another new old stock I would jump on it.

I just purchased the 28 gauge last year and it was new in the box. It is a distributor special gun that was ordered with blued finish instead of silver nitrite.

Image

That's a pretty gun I like that finish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:48 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 764
Location: Massachusetts
Vette Jockey2 wrote:
icyclefar wrote:
I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years,

Have you had an XS Pro-Comp? Those are the real prizes. They came from the factory set up to be tubed. Didn't need any trigger work, plus had a barrel weight to be used to simulate the weight of the sub-gauge tubes when the gun was shot as a 12 gauge.



I did have an XS Pro at one time, I never really shot it much, I remember it coming from the factory in an aluminum hard case, I was told that it was not a gun ever imported to the US market. I think the gun ended up in this country from a service member but don’t really know for sure I sold the gun a long time ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am
Posts: 888
icyclefar wrote:
Vette Jockey2 wrote:
icyclefar wrote:
I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years,

Have you had an XS Pro-Comp? Those are the real prizes. They came from the factory set up to be tubed. Didn't need any trigger work, plus had a barrel weight to be used to simulate the weight of the sub-gauge tubes when the gun was shot as a 12 gauge.



I did have an XS Pro at one time, I never really shot it much, I remember it coming from the factory in an aluminum hard case, I was told that it was not a gun ever imported to the US market. I think the gun ended up in this country from a service member but don’t really know for sure I sold the gun a long time ago.

I don't think we're referring to the same model. The Pro Comp was U.S. cataloged from 2002-2004. No aluminum hard case was included. Offered in 28 or 30 inch barrel lengths.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 am
Posts: 601
Location: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
I was always on the prowl for those guns with the fixed chokes, high ribs, and 28” barrels. I have one such gun, another with the 4 bbl set and a beautiful browning leather case for the whole shebang, and a spare 12 ga barrel for just in case (thus 3 x 12 gauge barrel with fixed chokes, 28” and high posts). The only thing I did was take them all to italy and have Mr. Bione lengthen the forcing cones to 2.5” for the grand total of EUR 400 for 6 barrels while I went out for lunch. I love these guns and wont trade for anything else.



_________________
I can only please one person a day but today is not your day and tomorrow ain't looking too good either.

NRA Life Member


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1100comp, AJ-M12, battuedave, BigDeeeeeeee, Bing [Bot], Bobcat Welding, Bryce720, cbradford, Dek, dennis53, EricB, Flyingtargets!, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gunner76, IheartShotguns, jeffreyk, jtf650, KRIEGHOFFK80, kyskeet, maggs01, mark-60, McFarmer, Mohegan, mrmetalweld57, Olderguy, oldshotty, oregunner, papillonkirby, pitandremington, pjmx, popcorn09, Rack-N-Roy, raym0016, RFlyer, RudyN, saskbooknut, scooter123, scootertrash, slotracer577, southdakbearfan, tray999, TXSpinone, upland refugee, Vette Jockey2


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice