ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

I have no connection to the seller, but thought I'd post in case someone is in the market for a very good skeet gun.

These don't come up often and unless it goes much higher than current bid will be a bargain. If I didn't already have a 20 and 28 gauge of this model, I would jump on this one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894715705

Post subject: Re: Skeet Gun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Very nice. I have always been sorry that I sold my 20 gauge XS Skeet.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Yea, I had 28 & 410 sub-gauge tubes fitted to my 20 gauge. It's my primary Skeet gun and if I found another new old stock I would jump on it.

I just purchased the 28 gauge last year and it was new in the box. It is a distributor special gun that was ordered with blued finish instead of silver nitrite.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years, they are great guns.

My son is shooting the 20 GA XS Skeet

I still have a pair of safe queens, two XS Ultra's in 28 and 410

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

icyclefar wrote:
I've had every variation of XS Skeets over the years,

Have you had an XS Pro-Comp? Those are the real prizes. They came from the factory set up to be tubed. Didn't need any trigger work, plus had a barrel weight to be used to simulate the weight of the sub-gauge tubes when the gun was shot as a 12 gauge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

DEG wrote:
Yea, I had 28 & 410 sub-gauge tubes fitted to my 20 gauge. It's my primary Skeet gun and if I found another new old stock I would jump on it.

I just purchased the 28 gauge last year and it was new in the box. It is a distributor special gun that was ordered with blued finish instead of silver nitrite.

That's a pretty gun I like that finish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
icyclefar wrote:

Have you had an XS Pro-Comp? Those are the real prizes. They came from the factory set up to be tubed. Didn't need any trigger work, plus had a barrel weight to be used to simulate the weight of the sub-gauge tubes when the gun was shot as a 12 gauge.

I did have an XS Pro at one time, I never really shot it much, I remember it coming from the factory in an aluminum hard case, I was told that it was not a gun ever imported to the US market. I think the gun ended up in this country from a service member but don’t really know for sure I sold the gun a long time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

icyclefar wrote:
Vette Jockey2 wrote:
icyclefar wrote:

I did have an XS Pro at one time, I never really shot it much, I remember it coming from the factory in an aluminum hard case, I was told that it was not a gun ever imported to the US market. I think the gun ended up in this country from a service member but don’t really know for sure I sold the gun a long time ago.

I don't think we're referring to the same model. The Pro Comp was U.S. cataloged from 2002-2004. No aluminum hard case was included. Offered in 28 or 30 inch barrel lengths.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 am 
Presentation Grade

I was always on the prowl for those guns with the fixed chokes, high ribs, and 28” barrels. I have one such gun, another with the 4 bbl set and a beautiful browning leather case for the whole shebang, and a spare 12 ga barrel for just in case (thus 3 x 12 gauge barrel with fixed chokes, 28” and high posts). The only thing I did was take them all to italy and have Mr. Bione lengthen the forcing cones to 2.5” for the grand total of EUR 400 for 6 barrels while I went out for lunch. I love these guns and wont trade for anything else.

NRA Life Member