ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help needed setting up claydelay with promatic skeet traps
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello from Australia!
I was wondering if anyone could offer some help?
I’ve just purchased the wireless ClayDelay for a home range, where I have Promatic Classic Skeet traps and a claymate remote puller.
Photos attached
Could anyone tell me where and how I am supposed to wire the claydelay into?
I found the wiring instructions from ClayDelay confusing....and I don’t have a traditional pull cord...just a battery operated remote.
Many thanks for any guidance fellow shooters!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Help needed setting up claydelay with promatic skeet tra
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

You've got redundant devices, don't you? Aren't both the Claymate and the Clay Delay to launch the target? I don't think you need both pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The clay delay would replace the promatic remote, you need a new male plug, wired for the clay delay, to do into the grey box.

If you presently have separate promatic receivers on each machine and no wiring laid out on the field such as for a normal pull cord your going to need a second receiver, same as it appears you have two promatic receivers now.

As far as programming one transmitter to two receivers, I can't provide you guidance on that. Most every skeet field in the US is hardwired for a pull cord so it's just a matter of replacing the pull button with the receiver. Otherwise you're going to need to run wire from one house to the other so you can wire both into one receiver one either the high or low side.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:54 am 
Crown Grade

Call Clay Delay. Bill will fix it in no time!

K80 Pro Sporter
Clay Delay Rep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:58 pm 
Limited Edition

Your clay delay will not work with those receivers, do you have the wired or wireless clay delay? On the machine side pins 2 and 3 on the four pin plug fire the machine. Pins 1 and 2 are 12V positive and 2 is negative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

Promatic also makes a wireless, voice activated remote. Might be simpler and will work with your system. On our range we have a hard wired separate plug that where a hard wired release goes and we just use the standard promatic end to plug in. On another range we just remove the button input to the target counter and plug in there. Seems like you have several options.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:48 pm 
Limited Edition

The Promatic voice activated remote will work on those receivers, I don't think he is using a target counter since its a home range. If he is that would complicate things a bit but can still be done.