ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with places to shoot skeet in the Tampa Bay area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:16 am 
Utility Grade

Hi,

I’ll be traveling to Tampa Clearwater bay area to visit family. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some places to shoot skeet. Also if there are any good gun stores in the area that would be super helpful as well.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Help with places to shoot skeet in the Tampa Bay area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:11 pm 
Crown Grade

You can shoot skeet at Macdill AFB on Friday and Saturday from 8-2:30. Very reasonably priced at $5/round with a shoot card. Bring your own ammo as their stock is limited.

There is a skeet range located at Tampa Bay Sporting Clays although I have not seen it used much at all. There may be others but I am not familiar with them.

Good gun stores are in my opinion limited, but I am not a "black rifle or handgun" aficionado. "Shooting World" off Fletcher Ave is in Eastern Tampa but probably has the best selection. "Reloads" in Tarpon Springs off US 19 N is closer but their selection is not as diverse.

If you do not have access to the military base; contact me and I will see if we can get together and get you through the gate. Check your PM for my phone number.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm 
Crown Grade

Depending on where in the T/C/SP area, Blackjack isn't too far away, nor is Silver Dollar.
Look here:
https://www.claytargetsonline.com/florida/

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 pm 
Crown Grade

There is no skeet available at Silver Dollar. It was shut down along with the 5 Stand. All that is left is ATA Trap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:12 am 
Limited Edition

Sarasota would be your best choice for skeet on the west coast, the trap and skeet field at Blackjack is used by a group of shooters from the Villages, not sure if it's open to the public.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 am 
Presentation Grade

Is skyway club still in business? Shot there many years ago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:37 pm 
Crown Grade

se2884 wrote:
Sarasota would be your best choice for skeet on the west coast, the trap and skeet field at Blackjack is used by a group of shooters from the Villages, not sure if it's open to the public.

Blackjack is open to the public

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin