ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 725 Sporting choke questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Have your son practice his singles with that IC choke, take the slop breaks out of his practice.

If you can afford a set of chokes, get matching aftermarket chokes in SKEET. If not, use the IC in the top barrel, and load single shell only except for doubles.

Practicing with tighter chokes will help perfect his game, and skeet is all about perfection!

When I practice skeet doubles, I use an IC in bottom barrel, and a LM in top barrel. The breaks are beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:07 pm 
Crown Grade

John Henry wrote:
Have your son practice his singles with that IC choke, take the slop breaks out of his practice.

If you can afford a set of chokes, get matching aftermarket chokes in SKEET. If not, use the IC in the top barrel, and load single shell only except for doubles.

Practicing with tighter chokes will help perfect his game, and skeet is all about perfection!

When I practice skeet doubles, I use an IC in bottom barrel, and a LM in top barrel. The breaks are beautiful!

That only works if your IC choke is actually an IC choke.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:29 pm 
Crown Grade

One way to find out - hit the pattern plate with the ammo and chokes.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a 725 Sporting and bought an extra skeet choke. Also if you ever get fitted tubes for the gun matching skeet chokes work well.