ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sporting clays push cart ideas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:37 am 
Diamond Grade

Mine has 4 wheels, the fronts don't turn...

http://www.socalsportingclays.com/images/rig/1.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 am 
Field Grade

Auldthymer wrote:
Passport wrote:
Thanks guys. Do you recommend/prefer a front wheel that swivels or one that is fixed?

The purchased ones are selectable for swivel or not. I like the swivel engaged.

Mine shown above does not swivel, and I've never had a problem. Easy to tip the cart back a little if needed to navigate a bump, etc..

It does have lockable brakes on the rear wheels, which I do recommend for parking on a slope. The stroller came with a front hand brake, but that was pretty useless and so I removed it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:47 pm 
Utility Grade

My combination of choice is the BOB Ironman baby stroller, with Koplin Rhino Grip XL gun holders, top and bottom. I use 2 pair of the Single gun holders to make 2 gun carts. They also make doubles for a 4 gun cart. Great Product! I like the BOB Ironman carts for several reasons. But I definitely prefer the larger Fixed front wheel carts over the swivel caster type front wheels. They roll Much Better through gravel, wood chips, or mulch trailbeds. The seat area of the BOB Stroller perfectly fits the Caesar Guerini "Boxlock” Range Bag, which will comfortably hold a flat of 12g shells, glasses case, plus a whole lot more! I’ve had 18 shell boxes in the bag for multiple shooters, but that leaves little room for much else. I also mount a smaller pouch type bag un the child’s foot area for additional storage, plus there’s the under seat storage that’s perfect for jackets, sweatshirts, bug spray, etc. With a little creativity when stripping the original baby stroller, the seatbelts can be relocated and used for strapping the pouch on the front foot area. I’d post pictures of my 2 carts but I can’t figure out how to do it. But if I had a dollar for every time I’ve been asked over the last few years where I bought them, I coulda bought quite a few flats of shells!! I never shoot without them!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 pm 
Field Grade

I love my jogging stroller with Kolpin gun mounts.
I will say this, if you build one, make sure you buy the mounts where the gun holster is offset from the brackets like this:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/kolpin- ... ent-system
This allows the guns to sit on the sides of the cart so there’s plenty of room to grab the handle and push.

A friend of mine bought the mounts where the holster is right above the bracket and it’s almost impossible to push the cart because the guns are so close together in the center of the cart handle. It’s very uncomfortable to use. Those look like this:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/kolpin- ... ent-system

Also, in the last 6 to 12 months there was a post on this forum covering the exact same topic. There might be some good info back there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm 
Field Grade

My first was a used pink baby buggy I got for free on craigslist. I added kolpin gun mounts to each side for two guns. Worked great.
Then I found a Do-All buggy on Craigslist for $25.
I have the one I built away to a kid starting out