ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shotkam
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:56 am 
Utility Grade

Morning folks. Anyone have a used shotkam their looking to sell?

Post subject: Re: Shotkam
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:43 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Johnny, I have a ShotKam and I really like it. While I am not using it now because of the virus. the Manufacture gave me one so I don't feel I can sell it. Have you looked at the new price? It seems to me that I read they have gotten cheaper. This may not be true. The man that gave me this was a student in one of my three day schools. I believe it was in Florida.

Mike McAlpine

I wholeheartedly endorse this product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My question about this product........

I understand that the ShotKam will show you where your shot is going, over, below, in front, in back. If you are only misjudging the lead, I can see how that would help.

Typically when you are missing a specific target, you are doing something wrong in your setup, move, target reading, etc.

Kinda like the guy standing behind you saying you missed in front, while it might be true, he isn't telling you that the issue is that you aren't matching gun speed to target speed or whatever the case maybe.

So how is the ShotKam going to help with the source of the problem?

The other thing, I think the ShotKam is going to have folks looking for the lead........

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

The shotkam records from the time you close the action until a few seconds after the shot is fired so you can see hold point, (not look point obviously) and what the barrel is doing in relation to flight of the bird. You can tell if you are getting badly beat and playing catch up or if you are connecting with the bird and matching speed. You can tell if the gun stops or slows down right before the shot indicating checking the lead, and you can tell if you missed due to bad line or just the wrong lead.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Lacy,

I couldn't have explained any better and probably not as well.

Dog, this is a great explanation. I promise you, I can figure out what is happening. I know a lot of people who use this and have recommend this item for self help. Of course, there is nothing better than having a good coach or even someone you trust to look over your shoulder.

Mike McAlpine

I don't used mine to teach but if my student doesn't understand what I am seeing, the Shot Kam will help when I let them view it for themselves. I usually give them a list that could cause a miss based on the placement of the X.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:
It seems to me that I read they have gotten cheaper. This may not be true.

Pretty sure this is fake news. They do seem to have good sales around the holidays, so if you're looking for a discount getting on their mailing list or checking the site may be a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Zak,

I said I was not sure about this and suggested for Johnny to check this out. I take your quote of "I am pretty sure this is fake news. This is insulting to me because you put me in the same boat as the new services like CNN. I am very disappointed in your comment. Shame on you for trying to stir the pot. I honestly tried to help Johnny with his questions. It would not have bothered me if you had just said that I was wrong. Maybe what I saw was an ad that offered a lower price during Christmas time. I always thought of you as a friend.

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
Zak,

I said I was not sure about this and suggested for Johnny to check this out. I take your quote of "I am pretty sure this is fake news. This is insulting to me because you put me in the same boat as the new services like CNN. I am very disappointed in your comment. Shame on you for trying to stir the pot. I honestly tried to help Johnny with his questions. It would not have bothered me if you had just said that I was wrong. Maybe what I saw was an ad that offered a lower price during Christmas time. I always thought of you as a friend.

Mike McAlpine

My name is not Zak. I have never met you. I brought up something I thought was wrong and offered some advice to the OP around potential discounts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mike & Lacyb,

Thanks for the response.

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:33 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

zxcv,

You don't know how happy to find out that you are NOT Zak. I couldn't believe that Zak said this. Zak is a great person and he has one of the nicest girlfriends anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your comments I would suggest referring to anyone in the same class as CNN is out of line. I am not offended that you commented that I was wrong. I even said in my first post to Johnny that he should check this out. I did see something about price on the Shot Kam and it was probably a Christmas Special.

Mike McAlpine

Why don't you use your real name. This way, things like this would not happen.

Zack, if you read this, please accept my apology for wrongly accusing you for this other person's reply. I knew in my heart that this couldn't be you. I have always thought a lot of you and with Anthony being your friend and coach, you were trained the right way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:13 am 
Limited Edition

The number being sold used, tells you a lot.

Some people need to be told what happened, but a camera will not tell you why

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am 
Crown Grade

Browning Citori Guy wrote:
The number being sold used, tells you a lot.

Some people need to be told what happened, but a camera will not tell you why

They certainly don’t replace a good coach. However they do show a person some things not obvious to the shooter. In my case it showed me my hold points were not consistent, I was waving the end of the barrel around when it should have been still, my lead on handicap targets wasn’t consistent and I wasn’t executing a smooth swing. Errors like that are amplified on video, especially slow motion.

Once a person gets all the basics down and sees what is being done their usefulness diminishes, at least for me in shooting trap. Sporting clays I could see much more prolonged use and I imagine skeet would be somewhere between.

Even after all that they are entertaining, and when picking up a new gun, useful again.

I’m not a fan of the “puffball” videos when hunting. Some are, and that’s fine.