ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Money shoot... any interest?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

It wasn't exclusive, they put the word out via flyers where the shoot was held and word of mouth... I think I found out about it from 1redvette here on Shotgun World. I think the entry fee kept a bunch of people away, 1.75 per target is steep for most people that don't shoot the big blasts. I know there were a few more, they ended up being in locations that required a bit more of a drive than I could pull off on the given weekends.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm 
Crown Grade

NTxAg wrote:
It wasn't exclusive, they put the word out via flyers where the shoot was held and word of mouth... I think I found out about it from 1redvette here on Shotgun World. I think the entry fee kept a bunch of people away, 1.75 per target is steep for most people that don't shoot the big blasts. I know there were a few more, they ended up being in locations that required a bit more of a drive than I could pull off on the given weekends.

Thank you for the information. It doesn't sound like a lot of shooters are willing to put much up in terms of a bet but it sounds fun for those with a little bit of courage and confidence!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Been attempted already in NC. See Cash Blast at Kidds Place. But that was registered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Been attempted already in NC. See Cash Blast at Kidds Place. But that was registered.

Did you go? If yes, how was it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am 
Field Grade

Kidds Cash Blast

http://winscoreonline.com/view_results_ ... nt_id=4216

Nice payouts through the classes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 am 
Crown Grade

SC Boykin wrote:
Kidds Cash Blast

http://winscoreonline.com/view_results_ ... nt_id=4216

Nice payouts through the classes.

Did you go? If so how was it? Would you go again? Scores only tell part of the story.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

there was a money shoot somewhere in the Carolina's last year I thought that got cancelled due to lack of entrants.......funny how I remember people complaining about the price of the entry fee. You have to pay to play, it's not that hard to understand, if you want to shoot for purses and big money, be prepared to put your share of the purse.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 pm 
Field Grade

what was the entry fee ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:07 pm 
Crown Grade

gdub41 wrote:
there was a money shoot somewhere in the Carolina's last year I thought that got cancelled due to lack of entrants.......funny how I remember people complaining about the price of the entry fee. You have to pay to play, it's not that hard to understand, if you want to shoot for purses and big money, be prepared to put your share of the purse.

Was it tbe one at Mid Hudson in New Paltz, NY with the 2,500 entry fee? I think 3 signed up and it was canceled. People seem to want to win money but shy away when it comes placing a bet. That's why I think some sort of exclusivity seems to work better. Playing with OPM is great, but I highly doubt too many are gonna pony up for sponsor dollars outside of what is being spent. Nad al Sheba and to a lesser extent the Nightstalker Invitational being two exceptions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm 
Crown Grade

The days of big money shoots in the US are long gone. Most were live bird/flyer shoots. They are still held but kept very low key. Not open to the general public. The other money sporting shoot was the Delta Shoot in Arkansas. It flooped. https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 4&t=277352

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
The days of big money shoots in the US are long gone. Most were live bird/flyer shoots. They are still held but kept very low key. Not open to the general public. The other money sporting shoot was the Delta Shoot in Arkansas. It flooped. https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 4&t=277352

Interesting stuff. I think the money shoot we have going is fun for the time being. Nobody will get rich, but it is nice to come home with a few hundred bucks in your pocket, or at least have the chance to.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:

Those live bird shots are still around; you just have to know someone; PA, GA, TX, CA and a few other locations.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Those live bird shots are still around; you just have to know someone; PA, GA, TX, CA and a few other locations.

I thought Delta was clay targets though? Add IL to that list. I'm sure there are others.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:21 am 
Field Grade

himpiano wrote:
We were mulling over the idea of around $250 per shooter maybe? Maybe more, maybe less depending on club costs per shooter. Get sponsors for payouts until it gets rolling... Payout to HOA and then top 5 per class or something along those lines. I would like to see it where the top guy in every class at the very least gets his money back.

I agree with class breakdown and I know the tops guys are gonna take it all. Maybe a separate Master class shoot all together at the same time with the C and D targets as mentioned?

I shoot about 30 registered shoots every year and some of them are big shoots that require a lot of travel and expense. I know this is a "gentlemans" sport and I get that. However, at the Gamaliel Cup last year, I shot a 190 and finished around M2 or 3 if I remember correctly. For my effort, I got a big "thanks for coming"...same thing that happens to most of us at most of the shoots.

It would be a breath of fresh air every once in a while to at least get your entry money or more back as a result of some decent shooting. Just a thought...

And for the record, I would LOVE box birds...However, there's so much public outcry over them any more, I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle.

Someone mentioned Kidd's Place and the Cash Blast. I went the first year and covered my entry fee. Haven't been able to make it the last couple, but hope to go back in the future.

I would definitely attend a money event if it was structured correctly.

Make a Jr and Sub-Jr class (non-concurrent, with the option for kids to play with the big boys if they want) with some great sponsorship, lower entry fees, and some fun prizes and you should see a good turn out.

Raymond Bennett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:13 pm 
Limited Edition

I have shot the Cash Blast at Kidds Place every year. It is a great concept. The ability to win the kind of Money you win at Big Blast at a one day shoot ( 2 days if you want to shoot the prelim). Much less total expense for rooms, meals, etc. Tom Kidd throws serious targets for serious shooters. Don't be surprised if you shoot well below your average. Your skills will be challenged, but you will have a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 am 
Utility Grade

blackandgold wrote:
Let us know where and when your money shoot is going to take place. I am not a social shooter but I like shooting for money. If I have to deal with a crowd the payout better be at least $500. If there is no money then skipping the crowd and shooting a few flats of practice tickles my fancy. Again, I am sure I am in the minority.

where do u get so much money ???????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

Want shoot for money? Shoot flyers. Fastest way to drop a few thousand on a weekend with a shotgun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:37 am 
Field Grade

What club? Only really one in Western North Carolina.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

We've done it a few times here. A couple of concepts to help increase participation: 1) Probably a good idea to handicap the participants, otherwise you won't get any shooter below top-tier of M to play along. And that handicapping is not easy. 2) Have a Calcutta -- in this, every shooter there whether they compete for the actual shooting prize, can bid on who will win. 3) Finally, you should do random squadding among the money players, have them all go off at the same time, and send a dedicated scorekeeper out with each money squad. 4) Add a separate Lewis payout with 3 or 4 tiers.

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:25 am 
Crown Grade

kingsizexx wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
Let us know where and when your money shoot is going to take place. I am not a social shooter but I like shooting for money. If I have to deal with a crowd the payout better be at least $500. If there is no money then skipping the crowd and shooting a few flats of practice tickles my fancy. Again, I am sure I am in the minority.

where do u get so much money ???????

Where do you find a year old thread to revive on your very first try? Amazing.