ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Mike McAlpine's target Setting Book
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:28 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Getting closer folks, the pictures are done the text is being corrected, I am looking at possible front and back covers and adding captions to all of the pictures. There a currently 25 sketches of tricky presentations but I may add a few more of my favorites. These are some that I have used, then modified in many of the tournaments that I have set. The text has gotten longer because the longer I think about this book, the more I remember things that I haven't added. I have a great Editor in Jeff Meloy and photographer in CA Maedgen. Also, I have asked some of my colleagues who are great setters to comment about certain things that I have mentioned in my book. I will be researching printers to do that work for me. I am not looking for the cheapest or most expensive price but I do want the best.

Mike McAlpine
"Inside the Mind of a Target Setter" A book for target setters as well as shooters.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Spencer, thanks for the offer but my editor and I have already done this.

Mike McAlpine

I know that you would do a great job though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

Mike--Very glad to hear about the progress with your book. Please keep on your advanced sales list for an autographed copy.

Connie condition continues to decline, as is predictable with Alzheimer's
Disease. Still a long trail aead of us.

CSM/TRACS Instructor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The Internet is a Delphi Process without the experts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:19 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Ken,

I am so sorry to hear about Connie. I have a friend that is going through the exact same thing. He is like a brother to me and we have been friends since the 8th grade. Don't worry about your book. You will get one of the first ones. I am having a run of fifty hardback copies and I will save one for you. Don't worry about buying one, I have already got you on my list that I will be giving these to.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:30 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

My editor, Jeff Meloy is working on the cover now. Slowly but surely, we are getting very close of going to the printer.

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 am 
Presentation Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:
My editor, Jeff Meloy is working on the cover now. Slowly but surely, we are getting very close of going to the printer.

Mike McAlpine

Yeah Mike , good news

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:44 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Jersey, PM me your mailing address, I have something I want to send you.

Mike McAlpine

I still remember all of the help you gave me. Thanks again and I hope to meet you someday!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Great news,

Jeff just sent me the final draft. All I need to do now is get it printed. At last, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was wrong about the page count. There is almost 150 pages not 200 like, I mentioned last time. I guess I can put some of my poetry that me and and a bottle of Tequila Conspired together to write. What do you think? :lol: Me neither

Mike McAlpine
" Inside the mind of a Target Setter" A book for tarket setters and shooters too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:52 am 
Field Grade

Good to hear Mike. Wasn't I number one on the list to receive the book? Ha Ha! Good liuck with the printing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7