ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think bringing the light of day to a "cheating" allegation should have happened. It did not and b/c most of the NSCA people are unpaid volunteers , so be it.

I will still watch some of his videos and maybe learn something new. Who knows?

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Northbrook made the DQ, not the NSCA. Due to the NDA we won't know the outcome if any from the NSCA.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:33 pm 
Limited Edition

I have another reason or two, for not signing up for his monthly. He has a lot of FREE videos already on YouTube so why pay?

I am lower class in sporting clays and he is such a bad coach even I know he is not worth $8

He talks about 'negative lead' he criticizes his student for hitting the clay because he did it 'too soon' and he totally rubbishes maintained lead If he was really a teacher he would identify when to use a technique

He reminds of one coach I used once He said he deliberately keeps back some of his tips AS HE DOES NOT WANT TO GET BEATEDN BY A STUDENT

only used him omce

and yes I am laso low class as well :-0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Browning Citori Guy wrote:
I have another reason or two, for not signing up for his monthly. He has a lot of FREE videos already on YouTube so why pay?

I am lower class in sporting clays and he is such a bad coach even I know he is not worth $8

He talks about 'negative lead' he criticizes his student for hitting the clay because he did it 'too soon' and he totally rubbishes maintained lead If he was really a teacher he would identify when to use a technique

He reminds of one coach I used once He said he deliberately keeps back some of his tips AS HE DOES NOT WANT TO GET BEATEDN BY A STUDENT

only used him omce

and yes I am laso low class as well :-0

For once, I have to agree w BCG.

Wendell tells me that maintained is the go too. For someone of my limited ability, the only.

It's working.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 am 
Crown Grade

I’ve never met Benny, but I have seen almost all of his videos. I’ve also read a lot about him, and it sure seems he’s got that “bad boy” attitude and brand.

His shooting and instructional program sure isn’t for everyone. But his own shooting speaks for itself. He is extremely good. His methods aren’t for everyone, but they do work. But I too, along with others here, do like to employ maintained lead (no better way for me to shoot a longish rabbit) on some targets.

But being pretty much a pull away shooter, I believe there would be value in a lesson with Benny.

Again, it’s sure a shame that he did whatever he did at the Worlds. He really shot himself in the foot with that one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 am 
Diamond Grade

Do you think he used pull away or swing through when he did that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:51 am 
Crown Grade

:lol:
birdhunter39 wrote:
Do you think he used pull away or swing through when he did that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:33 am 
Limited Edition

I need a lesson on the covert use of the erasure method.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:40 am 
Crown Grade

Again, Benny really did screw himself up by whatever he actually did. He deserves what he got in return.

And again, again, it’s a shame because he’s a great shooter and it appears to have a lot to offer with his videos and instruction. You can’t deny him that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:42 am 
Crown Grade

The Swanny wrote:
I need a lesson on the covert use of the erasure method.

I bet you do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Around here , if a shooter goes in a Port-a-Pottie w/ his score card and a pencil .....well , you can guess what's about to happen..... :lol:

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 am 
Crown Grade

Why would they use pencil for scoring? Did he erase ink? G. SCORING PROCEDURE
1. Each shooter will be assigned a score card to be presented to
the Field Judges at the various stations or fields. Field Judges
will score each shooter's attempts on the individuals score
card. The total shall be tallied and the scores written in ink
and initialed by the Field Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 am 
Crown Grade

Captain obvious rides again.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

I don't really keep up with the competitive circuit and didn't hear about the issue at Northbrook until very recently. Prior to that though being a newer shooter and liking to watch a variety of instructional videos on YouTube i found that i liked his videos better than most of the other ones that I saw. Most of the other free YouTube videos were lacking in clarity and explanation. I like that Ben focuses on the process and has an analytical reason for when and why to use different methods. Because swing through was my main method (before I even knew what that meant) his teaching was a lot more natural for me than some of the maintained lead, move mount shoot, or just look at the bird type instructions.

With that said it is pretty stupid for a guy with his resume to jeopardize his career and reputation at a major shoot like he apparently did.

I however will continue to watch his videos.

I will also attempt to use his Eye Rail sight which I just installed on my gun but have yet to test out. I do have to say that my initial mount in the house impression is not too good. I think it will distract me and potentially alter the sight picture that I am accustomed to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:03 am 
Diamond Grade

Lacy that is precisely my feeling on his videos. Too good to ignore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:17 am 
Utility Grade

Good morning shotgunners.

If I listened to every allegation and rumour then my choices would be very few and far between. If the allegations were that cut and dry it would have been published every where and the people informed, so I can assume like others and my assumption is that the area was very “grey”. I believe these videos are the best out there and I will continue to watch.

Sorry if my post offended anyone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 am 
Crown Grade

Didn't they disclose everything with Annabelle?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:47 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Didn't they disclose everything with Annabelle?

No. Not everything.

Just because one case has full disclosure doesn't mean the next one will. Very different circumstances.

He was disqualified at the World English and his scores were removed. He was not exonerated and the DQ stands. He cheated. The fact that the NSCA and CPSA choose not to release any information or bar him doesn't change the facts from that shoot.

The message I'm seeing from a lot of you is it is okay to cheat if you make good videos, you won't be held accountable. You are making up excuses for him since you like his instruction. If a professional golfer was caught like this, he wouldn't be able to give lessons at a Putt-Putt.

This is the type of sport that's very existence depends on integrity. Don't start complaining if someone's grandma doesn't keep score right and the kid doesn't correct her. You are saying it's alright. And yes, they are watching.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:21 am 
Crown Grade

When you see a NDA it pretty much means after some litigation or threats of litigation the parties reached an amicable settlement to avoid any further action or publicity. It doesn't declare a winner. What was done by the club was fair and reasonable. And the skeet guys over at NSCA aren't about to waste money on legal fees for SC's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:34 am 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:

The message I'm seeing from a lot of you is it is okay to cheat if you make good videos, you won't be held accountable. You are making up excuses for him since you like his instruction. If a professional golfer was caught like this, he wouldn't be able to give lessons at a Putt-Putt.

Take a look at my post again:

Quote:
I’ve never met Benny, but I have seen almost all of his videos. I’ve also read a lot about him, and it sure seems he’s got that “bad boy” attitude and brand.

His shooting and instructional program sure isn’t for everyone. But his own shooting speaks for itself. He is extremely good. His methods aren’t for everyone, but they do work. But I too, along with others here, do like to employ maintained lead (no better way for me to shoot a longish rabbit) on some targets.

But being pretty much a pull away shooter, I believe there would be value in a lesson with Benny.

Again, it’s sure a shame that he did whatever he did at the Worlds. He really shot himself in the foot with that one.

How does that equate to "The message I'm seeing from a lot of you is it is okay to cheat if you make good videos, you won't be held accountable. You are making up excuses for him since you like his instruction."

The facts are that he's a world class shooter, and makes great videos. But, he did himself wrong by whatever he did at the Worlds, and he deserves to live with whatever problems that caused.

No excuses, just the facts of the matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next