ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pre Shot Routine Madness
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:38 pm 
Crown Grade

‘Shut up and shoot’:-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

winmod21 wrote:
hopper810 wrote:
See Bird-KILL Bird ------PULL, Easy -peasy :)

Been shooting sporting since ‘91 and my pre- shot routine follows the mantra above. In terms of this discussion out of ignorance I must ask, what the hell does “ chase the witches “ mean?

It was from the Behind the Break Podcast of the guys making fun of David Radulovich and Tom Seay's long pre-shot routines in the fact that they look like they are chasing the witches away with all of the hand and gun movements during the pre-shot.

"Hexing the sky" is my take on it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:38 am 
Presentation Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
gdub41 wrote:
I can do without the fist bumps as well, and yes I have accepted my fate as someone that walks everywhere at sporting clays events, it's only a matter of time before I get hit by someone flying around in a UTV and then of course it will be my fault. Also another thread and another topic for another day.

My pet peeve is the squad of front of you that acts like they have never shot before, asking what the rotation is by station 8, changing the score cards around, turning around in the box and asking the other squad members "was I behind that" or "where was I on that" yada yada yada.

You’re invited to be a member of the ‘SUAS’ club. We’d be honored:-)

Sounds good and while I appreciate the invite into such a notable and distinguished club, I'm already a member of the firmly established "Spaghetti-O Squad" which was est. early 2020 ish. we have patches and everything!

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:33 am 
Diamond Grade

wondering if some of you guys might be happier on a trap field with the rest of the grumps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:36 am 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
wondering if some of you guys might be happier on a trap field with the rest of the grumps.

You missed. Nothing but trash talk and laughing with most I shoot with. No whining, no excuses, no self pity, self help, group help, crying towels or huffy bears.:-) just good old non stop fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:37 am 
Crown Grade

gdub41 wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
gdub41 wrote:
I can do without the fist bumps as well, and yes I have accepted my fate as someone that walks everywhere at sporting clays events, it's only a matter of time before I get hit by someone flying around in a UTV and then of course it will be my fault. Also another thread and another topic for another day.

My pet peeve is the squad of front of you that acts like they have never shot before, asking what the rotation is by station 8, changing the score cards around, turning around in the box and asking the other squad members "was I behind that" or "where was I on that" yada yada yada.

Sounds good and while I appreciate the invite into such a notable and distinguished club, I'm already a member of the firmly established "Spaghetti-O Squad" which was est. early 2020 ish. we have patches and everything!

Sounds like fun.......early 2000’s, why so new?;-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

You’re invited to be a member of the ‘SUAS’ club. We’d be honored:-)[/quote]

Sounds good and while I appreciate the invite into such a notable and distinguished club, I'm already a member of the firmly established "Spaghetti-O Squad" which was est. early 2020 ish. we have patches and everything![/quote]

Sounds like fun.......early 2000’s, why so new?;-)[/quote]

It was an idea that came to light after shooting a brutual five stand earlier this year, someone joked that their score card looked like a bowl of spaghetti-o's hence the sqaud was then named and then appointed.

NSCA#620844

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:54 pm 
Limited Edition

Holy schnikes, I gotta visit this sub more often, LoL. Spaghetti Os, chasing witches and SUAS....Hey, if a bunch of you SUAS crew are shooting together is it a suasage fest? :)

As far as the OT...if I saw some of what you describe I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue. Especially if I was backed up behind em. Granted I'm just a local club shooter in small town.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:05 pm 
Crown Grade

gdub41 wrote:

Sounds good and while I appreciate the invite into such a notable and distinguished club, I'm already a member of the firmly established "Spaghetti-O Squad" which was est. early 2020 ish. we have patches and everything![/quote]

Sounds like fun.......early 2000’s, why so new?;-)[/quote]

It was an idea that came to light after shooting a brutual five stand earlier this year, someone joked that their score card looked like a bowl of spaghetti-o's hence the sqaud was then named and then appointed.[/quote]

I like it!:-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Crap. I’m in the Spaghetti O club and I didn’t even know it. Plus they never let me know when we shoot together!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
birdhunter39 wrote:

You missed. Nothing but trash talk and laughing with most I shoot with. No whining, no excuses, no self pity, self help, group help, crying towels or huffy bears.:-) just good old non stop fun.

Was thinking of the grampas shaking their fists at the golf carts driving by on the course then complaining if their squad isn’t quite as efficient as a trap line.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Where do you shoot? In my experience, many of my fellow geezers drive like they do in a parking lot.....fast as they can go!:-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:43 pm 
Crown Grade

I can tolerate most everything except a bunch of choke changing and people coming around the wrong way on a European rotation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:16 pm 
Field Grade

1redvette wrote:
I can tolerate most everything except a bunch of choke changing and people coming around the wrong way on a European rotation.

AKA the “Polish Rotation”. Chaps my a$$.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yup. *HATE* that. And around here it's almost always a group who chose to walk the course instead of ride, because they think it's "shorter" to go backwards. Idiots...

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:33 am 
Crown Grade

Take as long as you want in the box to prepare yourself mentally to shoot your targets, I will respect your time in the box, however long or short that may be.

For those of you that get in the box and shoot your targets rapidly with very little set up and forethought what is your average?

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:28 am 
Limited Edition

Eriehunter wrote:
Take as long as you want in the box to prepare yourself mentally to shoot your targets, I will respect your time in the box, however long or short that may be.

For those of you that get in the box and shoot your targets rapidly with very little set up and forethought what is your average?

So....you are parlaying the longer time in the box automatically = better scores?! Really?! Totally unsubstantiated baloney.

I think most everyone has a 'process'. Just some are ridiculously long and tedious and don't mean higher scores.

In regards to averages I tend to worry about my own and don't care about anyone else's. Since you brought it up, I did check yours and I suggest you worry more about your own perhaps and a change in process by speeding up may help raise your average :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am 
Limited Edition

The Swanny wrote:
Eriehunter wrote:

So....you are parlaying the longer time in the box automatically = better scores?! Really?! Totally unsubstantiated baloney.

I think most everyone has a 'process'. Just some are ridiculously long and tedious and don't mean higher scores.

In regards to averages I tend to worry about my own and don't care about anyone else's. Since you brought it up, I did check yours and I suggest you worry more about your own perhaps and a change in process by speeding up may help raise your average :)

Damn dude. That's a little harsh. He looks like a pretty damn good shooter to me. But, WTH do I know, I'm only in C class. (About to punch into B, though)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 am 
Presentation Grade

Eriehunter wrote:

"pace of play"

the reason why the PGA had to push for a standardized "pace of play rule" take your time, but lets not get nuts here and then start spending 45 minutes per station.

NSCA#620844

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm 
Limited Edition

mdlott wrote:
The Swanny wrote:
Eriehunter wrote:

Damn dude. That's a little harsh. He looks like a pretty damn good shooter to me. But, WTH do I know, I'm only in C class. (About to punch into B, though)

Do what you like and have fun. That is why we started and I hope to not lose track of it. Making it a job with all this preshot mumbo jumbo sucks the fun out of it. Breaking more does sure make for more fun. Hold point, break point, where you pick the bird up, line, etc. isn't rocket science.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next