ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 53
Why doesn’t Maryland have separate purses / money for instate shooters as does PA.VA,DE, Michigan etc. Give back to the shooters that support the local club throughout the year!!




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5873
Sounds like a dandy question for former/present state shoot managers, and the state delegate(s).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:17 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5594
Because the host club needs as many shooters as possible. They aren't in business to break even or lose money. Do all the Maryland shooters stay home for all shoots? And do out of state shooters come to Maryland? How many out of state shooters were at Hopkins last weekend spending $$$? How much is the state associations giving the host club for payouts and expenses?


Last edited by lt0026 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:18 am 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Northeastern , PA
automan,

Sent you a pm...for as long as I've been in the PSCA, PA hasn't had a State Shoot purse for PA residents only... The PSCA is funded by target fees collected from shooters from many states other than PA, so it'd be unfair to have a purse for PA residents only, when shooters from states would have helped fund that purse.

Hope that helps clarify...

Thanks.

Ricky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:58 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm
Posts: 11
I am a Md resident but I can see why there isn't a state only purse. Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey are all within 1 hours driving of the Md State shoot venue. I would think the organizers do not want to discourage the out of state shooters from competing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:47 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 53
Maybe I should not have use the term purse, what I am saying in Pa,De,Va Michigan etc have added money allotted for in state Only as well as out of state. Maryland never does that ! Look at the payout listed for Michigan on here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5594
Most people who make this argument are afraid of the out of state competition. Look at the regional shoots. They draw a nice crowd any many are from out of the region. All shooters help pay the bills for the host club. You need to see where award money is coming from. National Assoc, State Assoc, private sponsors or the club itself. The NSCA is giving some states money for state shoots. http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/2020/02/21/20 ... nce-grant/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:25 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 53
lt0026 wrote:
Most people who make this argument are afraid of the out of state competition. Look at the regional shoots. They draw a nice crowd any many are from out of the region. All shooters help pay the bills for the host club. You need to see where award money is coming from. National Assoc, State Assoc, private sponsors or the club itself. The NSCA is giving some states money for state shoots. http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/2020/02/21/20 ... nce-grant/



Iam not worried about out of state shooter! , when you have the state shoot you should make it about the people in that state just as an example Michigan has money to resident only that’s what i am talking about . Not saying don’t bring on the the competition i am all for that!!! When you have a least 100 + shooters the club can afford to add a little money in for the state shooters!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:12 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5594
It's all about turnout and the host club making money. It's not about the prize money. How many shooters actually have a chance for HOA or first in class money in or out of state? The overhead for state shoots is very high. Stuff like this is why so many clubs won't throw a state shoot. If it's about prize money you picked the wrong game. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:22 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 53
lt0026 wrote:
It's all about turnout and the host club making money. It's not about the prize money. How many shooters actually have a chance for HOA or first in class money in or out of state? The overhead for state shoots is very high. Stuff like this is why so many clubs won't throw a state shoot. If it's about prize money you picked the wrong game. :lol:


Most shooters who make statements about not having payout HOA as such above usually can’t compete at the top for the HOA. My point is there should be a mandatory resident moneys paid out! Apparently you shoot for fun only :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:32 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5594
automan wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
It's all about turnout and the host club making money. It's not about the prize money. How many shooters actually have a chance for HOA or first in class money in or out of state? The overhead for state shoots is very high. Stuff like this is why so many clubs won't throw a state shoot. If it's about prize money you picked the wrong game. :lol:


Most shooters who make statements about not having payout HOA as such above usually can’t compete at the top for the HOA. My point is there should be a mandatory resident moneys paid out! Apparently you shoot for fun only :lol:

No, been doing it long enough to know that if the prize money matters you will be disappointed. Sounds like you are dodging competition or looking to make things easy for yourself. If you are good enough it doesn't matter who shows up. If the money matters play the options. Clubs aren't going to do anything that deters attendance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:03 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 195
Hosting clubs may benefit from the increased participation from non-residents, but how do the shooters of that state benefit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:09 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5873
J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
Hosting clubs may benefit from the increased participation from non-residents, but how do the shooters of that state benefit?


Better competition, more in class, allowing for more to gather punches, meet new folks, etc., etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maryland State Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:35 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5594
Does Maryland not allow out of state shooters at tournaments during the year? I suggest you look at the attendance from the Regional shoot at Hopkins and how the entire area benefited. And I know for a fact Maryland shooters go to out of state shoots. Sounds like someone wants a one way street. Does Maryland even have a state association? Looks like all the big $$ winners last year played options.




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1casual, 47MolineRTU, abell5, AJ-M12, Bakerloo, BerettaEd, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, boray, bullseye-69, bwpkck, Cfelix10, cfrobco, chairman, Chris Ferres, cookoff013, Curly N, dogchaser37, dpe2002, EricB, EuroMan, fecmech, fishrising, FTRPILOT, Galaxy Flyer, garrisonjoe, gdub41, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, J.Fred_Muggs, John H, komatsu, KRIEGHOFFK80, Kyler Hamann, lt0026, Lu 45, MichaelJohnsrud, moishepipick, morgaj1, Multiflora, nwcanoe, oldtechshooter, oldthompson, oyeme, perdizman, railroad, randyabb1, rebelpenn, RMc, Rooster booster, Rubberhead, Saltydog055, sandrooney, Schnurb, sera, skeetsit, slotracer577, SuperXOne, sv10001975, SWPAMike, T-Pee, tracker 6, UnderBeforeOver12, wrfish, Yellowstone, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice