ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado State Championship?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

For those who have shot at the Longmeadow Clays Club, do I need to have a golf cart to shoot the main event? I am planning on signing up but but do not have a golf cart, will I cause squad delay if I just walk? Any input is appreciated. Larry C

Post subject: Re: Colorado State Championship?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:49 pm 
Field Grade

Following.... I may shoot this event as well.

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

The sporting course at Longmeadow is pretty stretched out in places, but it's not all that far around. The bigger issue at Longmeadow is that all the courses are some distance from the clubhouse/main parking area. There is a parking area nearer to the sporting course, but it's still be a fair amount of walking to get to the course and around the course. Here's a map:

https://i1.wp.com/longmeadoweventcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-6.06.09-PM.png?ssl=1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Damn, I lived in Ft. Morgan for 12 years, wish that was there back then

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

jwgworld wrote:
The sporting course at Longmeadow is pretty stretched out in places, but it's not all that far around. The bigger issue at Longmeadow is that all the courses are some distance from the clubhouse/main parking area. There is a parking area nearer to the sporting course, but it's still be a fair amount of walking to get to the course and around the course. Here's a map:

https://i1.wp.com/longmeadoweventcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-6.06.09-PM.png?ssl=1

Thanks for sharing the map.
If I could leave the parking lot early to get to the course on time, would I cause delay from walking from one station to another?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

hardcast wrote:
If I could leave the parking lot early to get to the course on time, would I cause delay from walking from one station to another?

Probably not, especially if you gather your gear and head to the next station before everyone in your squad is done shooting. Also, there's likely to be backups at some point that will take some of the urgency out of getting to the next station quickly. And finally, there's some chance that someone in your squad will have room on his/her cart and you won't have to walk at all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:07 am 
Tournament Grade

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:52 pm 
Field Grade

The main will be easy to walk, easy to maintain squading between stations, its done at every monthly shoot they have.

There is a parking lot on the county road to the north of the club house, check the station you start at and see which parking lot works best. My guess a 10 minute walk to your stand if you use the closest parking lot.

Where the FITASC and 5 stand is shot, if you go to the parking lot on the county road to the north of the club house, also a ten minute walk to the stations.

Bottom line you can walk the course, park in the north area if it makes sense. To note there is parking in the Dry Camping area which is on the SW corner of the map.

Advice is from a 60 Year old, overweight with a hip replacement....

Flat terrain, but your at altitude.

RW