ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sporting Clays rides
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:49 am 
Presentation Grade

Nice having a ride. I use the o'le duck toting atv.

Cracks me up when I see a guy with a 20k ride, using walmart bricks.

Cart etiquette ought to be a sticky at the top of the page. I don't understand it at times, but navigating a course can be as hectic as getting out of the parking lot after church.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:00 am 
Field Grade

Sporting clays has developed in to a rich mans game with clubs stretching their courses out and shooters race around in fancy carts that cost much more than my 20 year old van that I drive to get there.
As a person who can barely afford the entry fee for some of the shoots I walk the course and carry my shells in a range bag. Usually carrying one of my 16ga guns that is older than I am, I get tired of being nearly run over by these nuts who rush around to get to the next station.
The game was intended to simulate hunting but nobody wants to walk a course because they are too lazy and most don't even hunt any more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 am 
Diamond Grade

I bought a golf cart when i figured out i can't shoot multiple events in one day otherwise. Just not enough time.

And I hunt.

And i have a place to sit when a station gets backed up all to hell.

And I always welcome anyone in my squad who is cartless to load up and ride with me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:48 am 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
I bought a golf cart when i figured out i can't shoot multiple events in one day otherwise. Just not enough time.

And I hunt.

And i have a place to sit when a station gets backed up all to hell.

And I always welcome anyone in my squad who is cartless to load up and ride with me.

As do I

It also provides a little shade on a very hot sunny day

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Excellent plan......the Polaris wont catch fire as often either:-)

no it's not a BRP product..........legit recall on that......then again Polaris also had a recall for units catching on fire.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:20 am 
Presentation Grade

Byron Whitlock wrote:
The game was intended to simulate hunting but nobody wants to walk a course because they are too lazy and most don't even hunt any more.

Sporting Clays was not intended to simulate hunting. Never has been, never will be. It's a game, like golf or tennis, invented in England, for fun and competition. Has nothing to do with hunting game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:33 am 
Presentation Grade

If you are a serious registered shooter who attends a lot of events at the clubs around the country who have large ranges and events, some of which are spread out over several hundred acres, walking or a push cart are not options. This past week at Providence Hill Farm during the World FITASC, you would have killed yourself trying to walk or push a 3 wheel cart around that place. It's beautiful but huge in size.

A modified golf cart is minimal transport for these places. A few years ago, after my wife and I had bounced around a major shoot course on our modified golf cart, I looked at her and said " my back can't take this anymore", so I bought a 4-seat Kawasaki Mule.
https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/shop/veh ... ge-package

Rides like a cloud, has lots of room for gear (I carry a cooler, a large shooting bag, flats of shells, etc.), a 4-gun rack, and has great power and speed when needed. We love it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:54 am 
Limited Edition

GoldenEagle wrote:
If you are a serious registered shooter who attends a lot of events at the clubs around the country who have large ranges and events, some of which are spread out over several hundred acres, walking or a push cart are not options. This past week at Providence Hill Farm during the World FITASC, you would have killed yourself trying to walk or push a 3 wheel cart around that place. It's beautiful but huge in size.

A modified golf cart is minimal transport for these places. A few years ago, after my wife and I had bounced around a major shoot course on our modified golf cart, I looked at her and said " my back can't take this anymore", so I bought a 4-seat Kawasaki Mule.

Rides like a cloud, has lots of room for gear (I carry a cooler, a large shooting bag, flats of shells, etc.), a 4-gun rack, and has great power and speed when needed. We love it.

I spent that aspect of my life on USPSA. These days I'm just out for fun and to better myself in a well-rounded shotgun sport. I might ass-u-me that if a course is too large to walk, rental carts are available or I'll hitch a ride. I'm a friendly sort and not afraid to ask. If neither of those options are available I'll find somewhere else to shoot. Not the end of my world.

tp (with his thumb out)

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:17 am 
Presentation Grade

T-Pee wrote:
GoldenEagle wrote:

I spent that aspect of my life on USPSA. These days I'm just out for fun and to better myself in a well-rounded shotgun sport. I might ass-u-me that if a course is too large to walk, rental carts are available or I'll hitch a ride. I'm a friendly sort and not afraid to ask. If neither of those options are available I'll find somewhere else to shoot. Not the end of my world.

tp (with his thumb out)

OK, so you aren't a candidate anymore. Thanks?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:21 pm 
Field Grade

I can agree with T-pee, I don't need the drama and expense of the big clubs and can be happy shooting nearby clubs occasionally and having fun with a few friends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:36 pm 
Limited Edition

GoldenEagle wrote:
T-Pee wrote:
GoldenEagle wrote:

tp (with his thumb out)

OK, so you aren't a candidate anymore. Thanks?

For? I don't do politics much. Too honest.

tp (who cannot tell a lie)

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:24 am 
Diamond Grade

From this weekend at M&M

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 am 
Crown Grade

I'm not sure where clubs draw the line, but some clubs won't allow a "car" on the course, but a Polaris or Honda UTV that is bigger and heavier is OK.

Eye on the rock, head on the stock.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Does anyone have an idea about a golf cart that can fit in the back of a 6 1/2' bed F150? I don't want to trailer a cart and I saw a cart in a Chevy short bed but was unable to get a look at the cart manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 am 
Utility Grade

Kawasaki says their Mule SX (smallest model) will fit in the back of a pick up truck (3/4 ton), I’ll assume. I say a guy here locally toting one around in his Chevy Silverado 1500 a few weeks back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

paulaner wrote:
Does anyone have an idea about a golf cart that can fit in the back of a 6 1/2' bed F150? I don't want to trailer a cart and I saw a cart in a Chevy short bed but was unable to get a look at the cart manufacturer.

Most golf carts will fit inside a pick-up truck bed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am 
Crown Grade

Maybe a full size bed with the tailgate down. My EZ-GO takes up almost all of my 10' cargo trailer

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am 
Diamond Grade

It would be nice to skip the trailer but I gotta think it’s a bit sketchy getting the cart in and out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am 
Crown Grade

With the tail gate down, we load lifted EZ-Go carts in the bed of a standard F150 all the time. They fit.

I will admit it isn't my favorite thing to do. Getting the ramps properly secured is an issue and the move around. It makes me nervous but it can be done.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:56 am 
Tournament Grade

http://www.mapramps.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next