ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sad day for helice
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Got an email from Mimi this afternoon that Cyril passed away earlier today.

He will be sorely missed!!

RIP kind sir!

NSCA Life Member #602074

Post subject: Re: Sad day for helice
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:06 am 
Crown Grade

I don't mean to be insensitive, but Cyril who? And what did he do for helice?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Cyril Adams.

Introduced Helice to the U.S. and was a phenomenal champion for the discipline here and helped grow the game.

NSCA Life Member #602074

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:26 am 
Diamond Grade

May. I'm really sorry to hear that. I got to know Cyril well when I was the manager of Westside and his book, "Lock, Stock and Barrel" that he co-authored with Robert Braden is sitting on a shelf here in my office. As you say, he will be missed....especially his very entertaining sense of humor. Sorry he's gone, he was one of the greats of the shooting World.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Mr. Adams was a true wing shooter and godfather of the ring. Had the honor to speak with him and read his books many times. He will never be forgotten in the ring be it flyers or zz.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:10 pm 
Crown Grade

May wrote:
Cyril Adams.

Introduced Helice to the U.S. and was a phenomenal champion for the discipline here and helped grow the game.

I'm sorry for any loss of life, even more so for one of our own. RIP Cyril

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm 
Crown Grade

I didn’t know him well, but Cyril was a true gentleman. He loved classic side by sides.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Sorry to hear it. And anybody who loved SxSs - well, it don't get no better than that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:07 am 
Diamond Grade

bladesmith. I came over here to the US in 1998 to manage Westside. What you say about Cyrils love of side x sides and especially his admiration for Joseph Manton "the father of the modern gun" is so true. I knew a fair bit about side x sides and often had conversations with Cyril about them. His speciality was damascus barrelled hammer guns and any he sold came with a warranty that he would buy them back at the same price if for some reason they didn't suit the client, even if it was years later. He was a very interesting guy and I enjoyed talking to him as often as I could.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:45 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

You know, Cyril was at time contrary but I always enjoyed his post. I am very sorry to hear of his passing. He was a true hero in the clay target sports as well in the Helice games. I just assume he was also very active in shooting flyers in the UK. Cyril, may you rest in peace and and enjoy your rest with the Almighty. You were a good man!!!!

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

For the record, our friend Syreel, aka Cyril Jeffery, is alive and kicking. Or at least was a couple hours ago when we last conversed.

I’m not sure Syreel is much of a Helice fan though. He recently referred to it as “Head Lice”, so there’s that.