ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: You're Behind it! The Unit Lead system for Sporting Cla
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

Gary. The reason he says it isn't an easy thing to learn is exactly the same reason that Jon Kruger didn't tell you to look in front. Why? Because unless you can read targets well, it absolutely does NOT work. What happens is your eyes will oscillate back and forth between the target and the gun and you will hesitate to pull the trigger. But when you can read the targets, the look in front method is absolutely jaw dropping. I never, ever tell my clients to look in front in the first few hours of taking lessons. But when I am certain they can read the targets, I suggest the look in front for the tiniest fraction of time.

Many many times my clients are open mouthed as they try this and I have many e mails from clients that punch in Masterclass in record breaking time. One of them had a post on here a few months back claiming exactly that and I asked him politely if he would put a mention on here. He refused point blank and I have no idea why. But I still have his e mail and dozens more like it saying how well it works. I would be happy to send you the e mail but I am always reluctant to disclose a client confidence so even now I am hesitant.

And for all the ball players out there. Try throwing a ball to your one of your kids. Do it a few times and then answer this question honestly:- As you released the ball, for a tiny fraction of time, where did your eyes go? :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:22 pm 
Limited Edition

A proper sight picture is much more than either a single object like the bird or an empty spot in space. The idea of focusing on either as a single object or spot doesn’t work for me. I have to see the target and the place where the shot has to go together and understand the separation between them. Whether you shoot with one eye or two, the only way to hit the target is to point the gun at the spot where it will be when the shot string arrives. And the easiest way to do that is to lock the rib onto your eye during the mount and look at that spot. If you use two eyes, you can think of the process as pointing the gun. If you wink down and use one eye, you will be aiming the gun. Makes no difference. Looking at the intersection spot as a distance and direction from the moving target is the easiest way for me to hit the target...so far at least.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Careful Mooshie:-).....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

Auldthymer. Exactly! {hs#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 pm 

pete blakeley wrote:
Rooster. I paid my $1,200 up front like you are required to do. Several months later I had heard nothing so I contacted the admin. and they apologized for taking so long. So I waited another 3 months and contacted the admin again. Still no result. Sometime around that time SGW was sold and I asked for my $1,200 back. It took me another 8 months to get my money back so I decided to abandon the idea. But I'm sure Curly will confirm this if necessary.

This is absolutely correct and that the very reason that I refuse to bust Pete for pushing his book here on SGW. This is in case any of you want to wear me out with reports. He absolutely made a good faith attempt to sponsor a forum and our management fouled it up.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 pm 

But since I know this is going to turn into a tinkle contest, I am locking the thread without removing it.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2