ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spam or possible database breach
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Got a weird email today on one of my accounts.

Something to the effect “you’ve been approved by Shotgunworld moderators as a member of the cigar lovers forum”

And then of course a “ Click here”

And of course I never “click here”.

Not sure what is going on but thought I’d throw it out here and see if others received similar emails.

Post subject: Re: Spam or possible database breach
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:45 pm 

VTHokiesDuckHunter wrote:
Got a weird email today on one of my accounts.

Something to the effect “you’ve been approved by Shotgunworld moderators as a member of the cigar lovers forum”

And then of course a “ Click here”

And of course I never “click here”.

Not sure what is going on but thought I’d throw it out here and see if others received similar emails.

Sometime ago, you made application to join that forum. I have now assumed the job of taking care of those duties since all of those group leaders seem to have given up attending.
So today I approved a bunch of those applications and that was not a bogus letter. You just forgot that you had made application. I have no clue when you did because that info was not available, but the request was there.
If you are not interested any longer let me know and I will remove you from that group, this applies to any that read this message.

Yes, there will be a bunch of those emails from various groups that had pending requests for admission. The letters/emails/PM's are not bogus

Curly

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Spam or possible database breach
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks Curly!

I thought that maybe I had seen that forum a long time ago, but wasn’t for sure. I looked quickly tonight on my iPhone and must have overlooked it.

I would say you could take my thread down, but somebody else might make the same stupid mistake LOL