ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Annual who will be 2020 National Champion thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:34 pm 
Limited Edition

So who do you think will step up and take it all this year?? Will this be the year a Lady hits them all?? With so many shoots being cancelled or postponed, I'm going out on a limb and say it will be a range owner, who has had access to lots of practice targets this year.....

With the Jr's doing so well & taking all high gun awards at the most recent Western Regional, I'd give those same shooters the slight odds on favorites.

There is some weather rolling in next week. The Sat/Sun rotation with just over 400 starting tomorrow looks OK, 10% chance of rain and 10mph SE winds. The Mon/Tues rotation not so much, 30-50% chance of rain and 10mph SE winds. The Th-Sun rotation looks good, scattered clouds and 5-10mph NE winds in the mid Eighty's. Mostly Chamber of Commerce days.

So, who's your money on to step up to the plate and hit it out of the park. Who's put in the hours, perfected their mounts, adjusted their diet to maintain stamina and energy, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Not to be compared with the Houston Astro's, we all know how they hit it out of the park.......

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Sa ... fb45222c37

Post subject: Re: Annual who will be 2020 National Champion thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Derrick Mein

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am 
Presentation Grade

On these threads I've voted for Zach more often than not - because I always wanted to see him win a Nationals. Now that he has two... it's great to see that his skill has been properly recognized. You can never count him out, but there might be some others in better form this year.
Young Mr. Fanizzi doesn't seem to have hardly any bad days and the pressure doesn't seem to get to him. A Nationals has to be in his near future.
Anthony is always right there too and seems to be in his usual great form.
I'm a huge Derrick fan also, but I haven't heard how much time he's been spending on sporting. He wasn't at the recent Western Regionals.
No matter who wins it will be fun to watch - and they'll deserve it.
It's really exciting to see such a terrific group of shooters capable of winning any day at any level.

May the wind blow softly on your face during all your travels and never blow so hard as to rip your hair out in big clumps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:31 am 
Presentation Grade

Nicolas Berry win would be nice 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Zach will win it again!

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Looking at scores today, targets are really soft. This may be the highest scoring nationals ever. Will definitely bring the Joe Blows up close to the elite shooters, barring some wild weather days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm 
Field Grade

I want to see Wendell finally get it-
I was there when Zach beat him out by one at the very end, we all thought WC certainly had it in the bag.

Good luck to all shooters, its a great event that I hate missing but with C-19 crippling the overall experience, I'll wait until next year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:43 am 
Crown Grade

Crushinem wrote:
I was there when Zach beat him out by one at the very end, we all thought WC certainly had it in the bag.

Good luck to all shooters, its a great event that I hate missing but with C-19 crippling the overall experience, I'll wait until next year.

Yeah, Covid 19 definitely a problem but going anyway. Shoot the Main Monday and Tue, with 5 stand on Thurs. A little rain, here and there forecast thru Wed. The final weekend shooters should be ok. Usually about 2000 shooters but expect about half that because of Covid 19. It's still the US Nationals, nothing better IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 am 
Crown Grade

Every year I pick Wendell Cherry.

This year I pick David Radulovich

or Wendell Cherry

:mrgreen:

Could be Tom Seay or Todd Hitch, very possibly Joe Fanizzi. Anthony, Zach, Chris Ferres

We have a lot of great shooters to pick from.

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 am 
Crown Grade

Agree there are a bunch of great shooters that will be competing for it and though I am not there, I will be checking in on things to see what is going on out in San Antonio. I hope everyone has a safe trip there and back and the weather is not a notable contributor to the outcome.

Also hope that it is neck and neck between multiple shooters right to the end and anyone out of 10 shooters could win it with a great final days effort.

I would love to see Anthony come away with it. Great competitor for many years. Bill Mcguire would look great as a national champion too.

Will be following the few New England shooters that have made the long trip out. Good luck to my shooting friends.

Most of all...to everyone there....have a great time. Enjoy this tremendous event.

Release Triggers by Phillip's Gunsmithing

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 am 
Crown Grade

Bobby Fowler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Zach. Or Derrick. Actually, I’ll box them ;)

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

4th. down wrote:
Crushinem wrote:

Yeah, Covid 19 definitely a problem but going anyway. Shoot the Main Monday and Tue, with 5 stand on Thurs. A little rain, here and there forecast thru Wed. The final weekend shooters should be ok. Usually about 2000 shooters but expect about half that because of Covid 19. It's still the US Nationals, nothing better IMO.

Covid is not crippling anything. Last year there were 2175 registered and this year almost 1800. Less than a 20% reduction in attendance. I'm betting it will be a fantastic event.

Glenn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

1redvette wrote:
Looking at scores today, targets are really soft. This may be the highest scoring nationals ever. Will definitely bring the Joe Blows up close to the elite shooters, barring some wild weather days.

Targets not softer than usual. Last year 290 won, the year before 286. Best score so far this year is 282.

Glenn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Braxton Oliver is shooting very well right now. I think he has a very good chance. His last 4 shoots he won the South Carolina State, the North Carolina State, RU at the NorthEast Regional, and RU at the regional at Northbrook. I think he will be in contention.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:54 pm 
Field Grade

31 Pump wrote:
4th. down wrote:
Crushinem wrote:

Covid is not crippling anything. Last year there were 2175 registered and this year almost 1800. Less than a 20% reduction in attendance. I'm betting it will be a fantastic event.

Glenn

I am sure the event wont miss a beat- I am more talking about the overall experience, enjoying all the SA has to offer when not at the range.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:55 pm 
Crown Grade

31 Pump wrote:
1redvette wrote:

Targets not softer than usual. Last year 290 won, the year before 286. Best score so far this year is 282.

Glenn

99.5 % of the possible winners haven't shot yet. Already a 282. Looks lime maybe a record score year to me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:53 pm 
Field Grade

Joseph Fanizzi's been on fire lately. He could take the top spot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

fecalguns wrote:
Joseph Fanizzi's been on fire lately. He could take the top spot.

I know you are on the way there, good luck to you my friend 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:34 am 
Presentation Grade

I was thinking, this should be a "who's stuff gets stolen first"

If I had to pick, lots of opportunities for almost anyone to come to the top, I'll go with Zach.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"