ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Image



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:42 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5591
I am in the southeast with lots of pine trees and shooting in the woods. I need to tone down the green background. Med Purple on sunny days and Amber for low light.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:22 pm
Posts: 11030
Location: Athens,TX.
I also feel that eye color plays a factor on what color/amount of tint works for a person. I have Light Blue eyes and guess they may have changed some as Purple doesn't really work for me much anymore so don't use it anymore.

Thoughts???

_________________
Jerry

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Posts: 687
hopper810 wrote:
I also feel that eye color plays a factor on what color/amount of tint works for a person. I have Light Blue eyes and guess they may have changed some as Purple doesn't really work for me much anymore so don't use it anymore.

Thoughts???

It is an interesting notion that I have no personal experience with. At least I have never recognized the effect. But I will watch out for it. My eyes are gray-green. Not a highly saturated color.

_________________
Frannie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:39 am
Posts: 29
Location: Florida
Wow! Thanks for the all the quick replies. Looks like I'm gonna have to get to researching. I remember when I was a kid my dad had a set of glasses that came with interchangeable lenses of different varieties. Maybe I could find a set like that which could help me zero in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:18 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Posts: 687
praynspray87 wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the all the quick replies. Looks like I'm gonna have to get to researching. I remember when I was a kid my dad had a set of glasses that came with interchangeable lenses of different varieties. Maybe I could find a set like that which could help me zero in.

Rangers come that way. They are not cheap but also not stupid expensive. Wiley X Sabers can be had in three or four of the popular interchangeable colors for way under $100 from TacticalGear.com.

_________________
Frannie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:05 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Posts: 192
I would think that color choice and tint would be harder for sporting than for trap, or skeet, or even 5-stand. For those the background is fairly constant, as is the location of the sun.

My sporting courses are usually set up in a loop and in fields, in woods, with dark backgrounds on some targets, and clear sky on others. It is difficult to pick one lens that works best for all of those.

This thread has made me more comfortable with my clear lens with clip-ons option. Roll-up sunglasses are a option for those that can't use clip-ons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:40 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am
Posts: 756
everyone see's colors differently as mentioned, it can be tough I literally wear purple like 99 percent of the time. Brown in the morning when it's bright and sunny, and then rose when it's overcast.

I'd say the best thing to do would be to buy a $1600 pair of pillas and you will be amazed

_________________
Muller Mafia
NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Posts: 687
gdub41 wrote:
everyone see's colors differently as mentioned, it can be tough I literally wear purple like 99 percent of the time. Brown in the morning when it's bright and sunny, and then rose when it's overcast.

I'd say the best thing to do would be to buy a $1600 pair of pillas and you will be amazed

Yes, I can see how doing that would indeed be amazing, if not to me, certainly to my wife.

_________________
Frannie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:28 pm
Posts: 1094
Location: Skeet and Trap Fields
I just received my new polarized dark brown lens for my Ranger Classic glasses. I'll try them tomorrow as it's supposed to be a sunny day. I did notice a little difference from my dark brown polarized regular sunglasses. These new shooting lenses have a very slight purple/plum hue to them that I think I'll like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:22 pm
Posts: 11030
Location: Athens,TX.
twohigh wrote:
I just received my new polarized dark brown lens for my Ranger Classic glasses. I'll try them tomorrow as it's supposed to be a sunny day. I did notice a little difference from my dark brown polarized regular sunglasses. These new shooting lenses have a very slight purple/plum hue to them that I think I'll like.


Let us know :) I use the Ranger Edges myself and luv um :)

_________________
Jerry

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:28 pm
Posts: 1094
Location: Skeet and Trap Fields
hopper810 wrote:
twohigh wrote:
I just received my new polarized dark brown lens for my Ranger Classic glasses. I'll try them tomorrow as it's supposed to be a sunny day. I did notice a little difference from my dark brown polarized regular sunglasses. These new shooting lenses have a very slight purple/plum hue to them that I think I'll like.


Let us know :) I use the Ranger Edges myself and luv um :)


I was talking to the people at LM Lenses and I had originally ordered dark purple polarized lens. Dark purple was not available in polarized polycarbonate lenses. So we talked about dark brown. After seeing them in daylight, the lenses are not dark brown but are in fact CMT (ColorMag) lenses that are like an eggplant color. This morning was a bright, cloudless, blue sky morning and with the low angle of the Sun and the fact that our skeet fields face South, Stations 3-8L involved lots of glare. These new lenses worked extremely well. I was able to see the targets while others wearing lighter colored non-polarized lenses really struggled. My scores were: 24, 24, 25. I'm very pleased.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:22 pm
Posts: 11030
Location: Athens,TX.
Thanks for the update and your experience with them :) The CMT lenses(original) are way too dark for me.

_________________
Jerry

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Posts: 687
hopper810 wrote:
Thanks for the update and your experience with them :) The CMT lenses(original) are way too dark for me.

Polarized lenses start out darker due to part of the light having been eliminated right at the outset.

_________________
Frannie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:21 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:27 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Kansas
I'm farsighted and wear glasses to see. I wear those on all days, personally, rain or shine.

I've personally tried shooting glasses and I just find them distracting. But I realize I'm a lone wolf in this opinion, most likely.

_________________
Cheers,
- yours truly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Busting Clays--What Color Do You Use?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:13 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 am
Posts: 756
if normal everyday glasses work for you, then by all means keep that going, I'm a big fan of just plain clears as well from time to time, as I wear contacts, so I have to wear something obviously to protect the eyes.



_________________
Muller Mafia
NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1977cutcher, 58PERAZZI, Aestus, albanygun, Alleycat, arkrunner, att, bcraig, Bing [Bot], boosno1, Captdave221, Cass, cclark31, dannyd93140, dragracer637, drew_235, DrtRdr, DUKFVR, EricB, Feist Hunter, fishrising, Fitasc2, Gadwall, GoldGuy, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gordonhurst, Jaspo01, jm9x23, johnnie g, johnnymiz, jrmev, komatsu, LitzerSki, lloydsean, maggs01, Magnett, Majestic-12 [Bot], Major146, mddan, mike2636, myshootinstinks, napawino, Oldandrusty, oneeyednine1029, PeterAVanTassell, Pirates55, riflegunbuilder, Road Rat, Scardog7, Schnurb, scott12v, skar, slotracer577, SuperXOne, sv10001975, The Happy Kaboomer*, Tilkut59, tops911, Vette Jockey2, Westender


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice