ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Squad Sizes-8 is too much!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:13 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
So your state shoot is your test bed? Put it to bed.....you’re a broken record playing a bad song. Checkers......that’s the game for you

You must be one of the non competitive ones. Stick to your SYO Fun Shoots. It's good expensive practice.

First year life member scooter. I was shooting sporting before the NSCA was formed. Anytime you want to hire a trapper, and shoot for cash...... let me know.

Wow. You scared me. :roll:

Hope you hit more targets than you miss points.

Go troll elsewhere. You can tell your checkers buddies what a great shot you would have been, if not for the massive cheating you’re constantly a victim of. Adios, ‘king me’.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

Really don’t understand how this seems to get so personal and ugly. It’s truly ok to disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Absolutely! But the McCarthy model about ‘one behind every bush’ is as ridiculous now, as it was then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:03 am 
Crown Grade

The ad hominem attack by the triggered person is irrelevant to the discussion. Just look at the tone and content in most of his/her posts. The minute a person doesn't agree he/she launches into a personal attack via taunting to draw attention away from the issue at hand. I'm done. Have a nice day. :P

Last edited by lt0026 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:36 am 
Tournament Grade

lt0026 wrote:
The ad hominem attack by the triggered person is irrelevant to the discussion.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 am 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
The ad hominem attack by the triggered person is irrelevant to the discussion. Just look at the tone and content in most of his/her posts. The minute a person doesn't agree he/she launches into a personal attack via taunting to draw attention away from the issue at hand. I'm done. Have a nice day. :P

HMMMMM, you're the one that changed the topic from the OP.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 am 
Crown Grade

Once again we are dealing with rules. Euro rotation 8 man squad is against the rules. Read the OP. What do you call not following the rules?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:06 am 
Crown Grade

Until effective COVID19-19 vaccine is generally available, probably shouldn’t be hanging around in groups that large in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:35 am 
Tournament Grade

mwr01 wrote:
Until effective COVID19-19 vaccine is generally available, probably shouldn’t be hanging around in groups that large in the first place.

{hs#

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm 
Field Grade

While my original concern was the lack of a rules regarding an 8 person squad in an NSCA event (European rotation), I was glad to learn there is a rule regarding this, despite this thread going WAY of target. I look forward to educating clubs and squads of the 6 person max rule, but I still can not believe anyone would think 8 people in a squad is appropriate at a registered event.

Make Sporting Clays Great Again - MANDATORY DOWNCLASSING!

Primary Gun-K80 w/factory titanium chokes
Backup Gun-Browning BPS
Subgauge Gun-K80 w/Carrier Barrels
Ammo-Whatever is On Sale at 1200fps or less
All guns choked Magic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Hwcn wrote:
While my original concern was the lack of a rules regarding an 8 person squad in an NSCA event (European rotation), I was glad to learn there is a rule regarding this, despite this thread going WAY of target. I look forward to educating clubs and squads of the 6 person max rule, but I still can not believe anyone would think 8 people in a squad is appropriate at a registered event.

Regardless of the rules, it is hard to comprehend that anyone in the group thought it was a good idea.

I have been shooting competitions for 11 years now and I have never seen any squad larger than 6 and a squad of 6 is extremely slow no matter how proficient the shooters are. I have also seen squads of 3 shooters back up the works behind them just because they were disorganized and not really paying attention.

4 in a squad is the ideal and 5 is usually workable.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Hwcn wrote:

You think right:-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:45 am 
Limited Edition

Amazing what happens when shooters get the rules read to them Perhaps gun range people would benefit too?

Quote:
While my original concern was the lack of a rules regarding an 8 person squad in an NSCA event (European rotation), I was glad to learn there is a rule regarding this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:29 pm 
Crown Grade

IV. RULES OF CONDUCT
A. Each member and club will be furnished a copy of the Official
NSCA rules, also available on NSCA website http://www.nssa-nsca.
org, with the understanding that the member/member club will
read and understand each rule. All members and member clubs
are responsible to know these rules and abide by them, for their
own benefit and safety as well as that of other shooters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:09 pm 
Crown Grade

But like everything that gets discussed here pertaining to rules / violations / ignorance, the actual event is extremely unusual. Yeah what happened was over the top but it is extremely unusual. 99% of the time, all is good and everyone is doing it right.

People do stupid and careless and thoughtless stuff in any activity that you choose. Ultimately, you can't always legislate to eliminate human error or ignorance. And like Sera said, the range team can't be everywhere either to police it.

I have been shooting for a lot of years....60K or so registered targets and I don't recall ever seeing this. Occasionally a squad of 6 and that isn't the typical. Hopefully the OP never experiences it again.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Most (not all) clubs have no clue what's happening on the course during SYO other than loading/fixing machines. Until you tell them about an issue they assume everything is fine. It is what it is. Luckily we have options.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:31 pm 
Crown Grade

lt0026 wrote:
Most (not all) clubs have no clue what's happening on the course during SYO other than loading/fixing machines. Until you tell them about an issue they assume everything is fine. It is what it is. Luckily we have options.

Funny, where I shoot, the owners are constantly running around - typically 6-7 staff for 14 stations watching things, loading where necessary, fixing if necessary but mostly just watching shooters and how things progress. Sounds like you live in an area with rampant cheating - at least from your posts

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:51 am 
Crown Grade

6-7 people maintaining 14 stations. :shock: That's some pretty big expense unless you use family and volunteers. Many of which probably don't have a working knowledge of the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

They are volunteers; the owner gives them targets as compensation; since most also set the targets, they know the rules. You sure are very negative about everything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:48 am 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
They are volunteers; the owner gives them targets as compensation; since most also set the targets, they know the rules. You sure are very negative about everything.

Many clubs it is an all volunteer enterprise. So you have typically 5-6 people that love the game thoroughly that spend a bunch of hours setting up and running and tearing it down after. Most of these individuals are extremely knowledgably in all aspects of our game. We are fortunate to have them. For much of the country, these people make shooting sporting possible.

At my home club, I volunteer many hours but I focus on grounds maintenance and haul my tractor out to grade fields, bush hog and cut brush and debris several times a year I work full time so setting up isn't an option for me for our monthly events but I usually help tear down.

You won't convince mr negative with anything you could ever say. Not really worth the energy.

NSCA 602398