ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: What is happening to this site ???????
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:12 pm 
Crown Grade

Take the good and the bad available here. Easy enough to tune out the bad and easy enough to find some value and some entertainment as well. There is plenty of knowledge and most participants are decent enough. Most everyone here I am sure would be great to shoot a round of sporting with.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Facebook? LOL.

That’s already dead or dying.

Most groups have already moved on to Me We or Gab, where they don’t censor Gun topics.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pm 
Limited Edition

If you don't like giving answers to questions, then don't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Facebook?

Remember...video killed the radio star. It's a natural progression. Stuff changes and we all hate change.

I'll stay here. Facebook is not for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Went to SGW tonight and my AVG virus package intercepted a Malware threat before I could even log on. There may still gremlins

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Brad,

I can't believe your comment about a guy from Buttplug Arkansas. If I was from Arkansas, I would have taken offence to your comments. If you had used Calif. I might have better understood your point. There is no reason to insult a state and its people like this.

Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike McAlpine

This wasn't funny to me1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I grew up in Oklahoma and like our neighbors in Arkansas I think that we just grew used to being insulted with “Okie”, “Arkie” etc. I don’t take offense anymore when I consider the source of the slur.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Like I said, too many crybabies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:25 am 
Utility Grade

I think one reason this site is under utilized is that it is poorly designed. I shoot about 1500 registered targets/year in SC and shoot almost nothing else, I'm hooked. I rarely open this site though due to the bad layout and the amount of effort it takes to find something. For example, to get to classifieds you scroll, scroll, scroll,.... It is like peeling an onion with all the layers of subjects till you find what you are looking for. I don't like shooting trap very much but Trapshooters has a much better layout and is easier to read and there are some SC posts. You open a main page then click to get to various subjects. Also, this forum a few months ago had annoying ads that popped up on what you were trying to read after a new page was opened. I didn't return for a month because of the ads.

I would prefer to read comments from other SC shooters and there is a lot of good information to be had on this site. It would be great if it was presented in an easier to use format.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

As with Facebook here's the pattern the develops on most of the gun forums. User comes on site and asks if anyone owns or has any real world information about gun xyz. 90% of the time the answer is just buy the Browning or Beretta.
Is this helpful information? Yes! Is this the information they were looking for? Probably not. Sometime the wealth of information only pays pennies on the dollar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:47 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Brad,

I am not crying, I am just telling you that you are out of line on this one. Be a stand up guy not some one who stirs the pot. I hope my mail helps you to understand how some of your comments can hurt some of the good guys. Come on and apologize to all of the people in Arkansas. They are great people there and I have a lot of friends in the state. The Oklahoma guy is being nice to you so you be nice to other shooters and don't rag on them because of where they live.

Mike McAlpine

Arkansas has produced some great shooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

All you shooters in Buttplug, Arkansas and everywhere else-have a nice Thanksgiving and stay safe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:59 pm 

Well, I have been trying to get those redirects to get me today and they have stopped as well as the virus alerts are not getting sounded by my virus package. I guess the website mechanics working have slowed them down somewhat. I am sure they will be back eventually.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4