ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dr Richard Colo on Shotgun Sports Podcast
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 am 
Utility Grade

If you have ever wondered how your eyes “really” work, you need to check this out. This is an in depth conversation from eye dominance to seeing the bird clearly and what it all means. The best part.......this is just the first episode with Colo and there is more to come.

Thank you for listening and leave us a review. We appreciate all of you!

https://shotgunsportsusa.com/dr-richard-colo/

Post subject: Re: Dr Richard Colo on Shotgun Sports Podcast
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Excellent listen, can't wait for the next podcast with him. I listened on a plane flying to visit family and wished it kept going since we still had some air time.

Can't wait to put some of the test methods to use to determine my level of dominance and off course try some of the tips to ultimately improve my shooting.

Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thank you for the heads up! I'd heard about Dr Colo but actually hearing him and getting an idea about his depth of knowledge was pretty amazing.

And please let us know if/when you do a part 2.
:D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
Thank you for the heads up! I'd heard about Dr Colo but actually hearing him and getting an idea about his depth of knowledge was pretty amazing.

And please let us know if/when you do a part 2.
:D

This is the second one he's done (for now :wink: )

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Outstanding, once again. Doc Colo has been my eye doctor for a decade and he really is this passionate and willing to help shooters. Two thumps UP!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dr. Colo is absolutely passionate about helping shooters use their eyes correctly. I know this first hand. I have watched him help shooters, including me, and he is so happy to get folks to see the target correctly and advance their abilities. Just know that you still have to work to break targets, there is no magic. But breaking targets that you never knew why you were missing fills in a lot of the blanks.

Another podcast that you should watch regardless if you have dominance issues or not.

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 pm 
Limited Edition

Deep stuff! But, I suppose eye dominance is very frustrating. Dr Colo is the most knowledgeable I’ve heard on the subject. Thanks, Justin and Will for bringing it to us!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am 
Tournament Grade

I don't think it was covered on the podcast, but is there a preferred way to contact Dr. Colo now? He briefly mentioned that he sold his practice and wasn't sure if he is still accepting new patients or the best way to contact him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

zxcvbnm wrote:
I don't think it was covered on the podcast, but is there a preferred way to contact Dr. Colo now? He briefly mentioned that he sold his practice and wasn't sure if he is still accepting new patients or the best way to contact him.

He has a website, I think it’s, Richardcolo.com. You can still reach him at his former practice in Suffield. He is still in the office two days a week and does private clinics at Hartford Gun Club.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:38 am 
Tournament Grade

Galaxy Flyer wrote:
zxcvbnm wrote:

He has a website, I think it’s, Richardcolo.com. You can still reach him at his former practice in Suffield. He is still in the office two days a week and does private clinics at Hartford Gun Club.

Thank you for this information Galaxy Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:02 pm 
Utility Grade

Episode #2 is out. Great Information.

https://shotgunsportsusa.com/dr-richard-colo-2/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 am 
Utility Grade

Is something wrong with the link to these podcasts?

really enjoyed the colo #1 but can't connect to the link for colo #2?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:03 pm 
Limited Edition

I had an issue as well but was able to access the Colo podcasts at: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... ICBAF&ep=6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:47 pm 
Utility Grade

thanks for that!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:31 pm 
Utility Grade

As in everything in life, let the buyer beware. Dr. Colo is a tremendously nice man that has a really good schtick and has spent time cultivating a new business model with interviews, articles and podcasts directed at our community. In 2019, after listening to Dr. Colo and others on the "BtB" podcasts and reading reviews from some of our "top shooters", I spent 2 days driving, a night in a hotel and $1,000 for an appointment, and another $1,000 on new glasses with a new Rx. I committed to using the new Rx and glasses for 1,500 targets, my eyes never felt quite right with the new lenses. The new Rx just didn't work for me.

Went back to my local eye Doc (10 year relationship) and his opinion was that Colo's Rx was too strong in one eye and too weak in the other causing the stronger (non-dominant) eye to try to take over while shooting. With the new lenses, I had to blink to get to a "blurry" dominant eye - sight picture. My eye doc advised that my old RX had not changed much and recommended that I stick with my old glasses.

I'm not bashing Dr. Colo, he's very experienced and established as an eye doctor. Apparently, he's helped a lot of shooters according to reviews but just know that YMMV. He's a very kind man and I had a very nice, but expensive social visit with him.

The lesson here is that there are lots of manufacturers, products and people out there in our game trying to separate us from our money with the promise of getting us a few more targets.

In retrospect, the $2,500 out of my pocket would have been better spent for me on 3 days of lessons/coaching with an instructor or Lasik surgery. I've learned my lesson here and I hope that your experience and results was or will be better. I went to see Dr. Colo with very high expectations. I'm hoping to spare someone else the expense of not having their expectations met.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Geppert,

I am one of those folks that have had nothing but excellent results having Dr. Colo as both an eye physician and help with using my eyes properly to shoot well, as I have a dominance issue.

I have no idea about the lens problem.....but I will tell you this, 1500 targets are not enough. 1500 targets are about 4 or 5 decent practice sessions. It takes a lot more work than that.

Just my experience.

Also wondering have you ever talked with Dr. Colo since? If not you probably should.

aka Mr. Tactful. Common sense no longer appears to be common.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

dogchaser37 wrote:
I have no idea about the lens problem.....but I will tell you this, 1500 targets are not enough. 1500 targets are about 4 or 5 decent practice sessions. It takes a lot more work than that.

Not to discredit Geppert's feelings/thoughts, but I agree with Dog Chaser 1500 targets is not a large enough trial unless things were way off, and I don't think Dr. Colo would be that far off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

IDK but if I had to go 1500 shots every time I got new glasses and a new script, I’d never hit another pheasant again!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:02 pm 
Limited Edition

I see that shotgunsportsusa.com is up and running again. I think Justin could devote a podcast on what went on from day one of Behind The Break until now. I'm sure there is a story there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

$1,000 for an appointment?????

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA