ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moving to Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 am 
Crown Grade

friend of a friend wrote:
When I die, I may not go to Heaven.
I don’t know if they let cowboys in.
If they don’t, just let me go to Texas boys.
Texas is as close as I’ve been.

https://youtu.be/YKQdN8YMK9Y

Yes.......we're going to miss him, Ed Bruce....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wWfFlsN1-A

Or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKeDcF1v_Y4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 am 
Field Grade

jcraig3 wrote:
My wife and I are building a home a bit north and east of San Antonio in New Braunfels. If you message me your email address, I will send you a list of sporting clays facilities that are in the area.

Sent Excel file to your email address.

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:29 pm 
Field Grade

viking wrote:
Be careful when ordering chips and salsa.
Texas and New Mexico have the hottest salsa I've ever tried.

Born & raised in Southern NM/Far West Texas..trust me Texas does not hold a candle to NM when it comes to Chile or Salsa. Hatch Valley NM is the Meca of Chile.

They don't have crap for Sporting Clays Though. I was back in El Paso Texas visiting family for the holidays and between Las Cruces NM and El Paso TX there is not a single SC course. That is a combined population of over 1.5M and well over 3M if you include Juarez Mexico without a single SC course. Some of the terrain there would make for a nice venue too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Lacyb wrote:
viking wrote:

Born & raised in Southern NM/Far West Texas..trust me Texas does not hold a candle to NM when it comes to Chile or Salsa. Hatch Valley NM is the Meca of Chile.

They don't have crap for Sporting Clays Though. I was back in El Paso Texas visiting family for the holidays and between Las Cruces NM and El Paso TX there is not a single SC course. That is a combined population of over 1.5M and well over 3M if you include Juarez Mexico without a single SC course. Some of the terrain there would make for a nice venue too.

What is the answer to the age old question: red or green?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:07 pm 
Field Grade

Mexican Flag style.....both

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Lacyb wrote:
Mexican Flag style.....both

Christmas !!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Lacyb wrote:
viking wrote:

What is the answer to the age old question: red or green?

Salsa verde!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Lacy,

But Our stakes and Mexican food are much better than New Mexico's,

Mike McAlpine {hs#

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm 
Field Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:
Lacy,

Mike McAlpine {hs#

You know i will give you steaks. If you said BBQ or more specifically Brisket then I would have no argument. However Tex-Mex is not and never will be good Mexican food. Northern NM has some weird stuff that I don't really like either but Las Cruces NM and El Paso Texas have the best Mexican food to be found.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 pm 
Limited Edition

Lacyb wrote:
Mike McAlpine wrote:
Lacy,

Mike McAlpine {hs#

You know i will give you steaks. If you said BBQ or more specifically Brisket then I would have no argument. However Tex-Mex is not and never will be good Mexican food. Northern NM has some weird stuff that I don't really like either but Las Cruces NM and El Paso Texas have the best Mexican food to be found.

Lacy, I disagree completely. Texas was a bona fide province of Mexico before it obtained independence. It’s food heritage dating back to that time is as authentically Mexican as that of any other Mexican region. There is no valid reason to discredit Tex-Mex.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 pm 
Field Grade

Lacyb wrote:
Mike McAlpine wrote:
Lacy,

Mike McAlpine {hs#

Lacy, I disagree completely. Texas was a bona fide province of Mexico before it obtained independence. It’s food heritage dating back to that time is as authentically Mexican as that of any other Mexican region. There is no valid reason to discredit Tex-Mex.

Mexican food has a lot of subtle regional differences. You can get tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tables, gorditas, ect from all over Mexico but the way it comes together is very regional. The Southern NM version of Mexican food is mostly influenced from the Northern Chihuahua region of Mexico except the chiles used in the dishes come from the Hatch Chile which is only grown in a very localized area of NM. It is this specific combo that makes it better (in my opinion) than all other regional Mexican foods I have eaten.

The origins of Tex-Mex is influenced by the historical Mexican cuisine of the area but over time been mixed with american ranch style food of Texas. I have eat a lot of Tex Mex and some is good but does not compare to Las Cruces/El Paso.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I lived in the Houston area for a while (The Woodlands) and really loved it. One of the selling points of Texas is no state income tax, but they have to get it somewhere and THAT I learned was the property taxes.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

While Texas & NM fight it out over who has the 2nd & 3rd best mexican food head on over to Arizona for the best :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:58 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Rack,

Have you been drinking? LOL I didn't know Arizona even had Mexican type cuisine.

Lacy, I do agree that most Mexican food is influenced by the area it is served in. I have worked in old Mexico many times and the Mexican food is nothing like ours. When I was a hunting guide in Mexico we had a mexican cook who could cook a lot of things but someone once asked him to make some cheese enchiladas. Well he did but I didn't really care for the cottage cheese he stuffed the tortillas with. LOL He really did like to put mucho caliente chili's in all of his food. After about two or three days all four of our restrooms were always full. Nearly every hunt, the owner got me to fix some fried venison. Of course we had to have some mashed potatoes and cream gravy. Nwt don't tell me that NM has the best cream gravy because that is simply not true. I make the best cream gravy in the country. I once won the national cream gravy championship. This competition was held in New York City. Most of these people had never eaten gravy or grits. LOL I told them they were not very sophisticated. At least not like us Texas boys.

Now I don't want anyone from New York flaming me. I am kidding about never had grits.

Mike McAlpine {hs#

I am in a very good mood tonight. I don't really know why because I don't drink anymore. I used to could have participated in a good debate about tequila. This stuff doesn't come from the Rockies it instead comes from the desert region of Mexico.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:42 am 
Presentation Grade

C'Mon now Mike, Arizona has Whatabuger breakfast burritos just like Texas :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 am 
Limited Edition

Rack-N-Roy wrote:
While Texas & NM fight it out over who has the 2nd & 3rd best mexican food head on over to Arizona for the best :wink:

Nobody’s chips compare to Texas’s. White corn. Light, crispy, delicate. Not the heavy yellow con chips you get almost everywhere else. If Arizona is anything like California WRT corn chips, then yours are like eating plywood. Texas gave the world fajitas, the singular most popular Amerimex dish on the planet. Amerimex food outside of Texas is just plain horrible. Just expressing my sincere opinion. I have had them all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:43 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Roy,

You are right. I withdraw my incorrect statement. Of course you know that Whataburger is a Texas original so their breakfast burrito is Texas Mexican food. LOL I am just kidding. I really like Arizona and New Mexico. I have taught and set targets in both states and have many friends in each. I even have relatives in both too. I am enjoying our friendly battle!!! {hs#

Mike McAlpine :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:27 pm 
Field Grade

Rack-N-Roy wrote:

The funny thing is the best original "Mexican" food that Arizona has is a "Sonoran Hotdog".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Looks like the NRA is following bdog’s lead. I wish they would leave LaPierre in New York.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm 
Field Grade

If I couldn’t live in Florida, Texas would be my first choice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next