ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do you think this is enough or am I crazy ?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:39 am 
Crown Grade

wrfish wrote:
Just kidding about the Yugo. We travel in a Dodge 2500 diesel and a 5th wheel. Lots of room. Maybe I will load another 100 shells tomorrow to add to the mix.

Ever consider taking taking less ammo but take the reloader and components??

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

YevetS wrote:
wrfish wrote:
Just kidding about the Yugo. We travel in a Dodge 2500 diesel and a 5th wheel. Lots of room. Maybe I will load another 100 shells tomorrow to add to the mix.

Steve

Yes I thought about it and my wife even suggested it, butI would rather spend my time shooting than reloading. I may take my 28ga reloader.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

YevetS wrote:
wrfish wrote:

Steve

I considered it but would rather spend my time shooting. I may take my 28ga reloader . The chances of finding factory 28ga are slim.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:36 pm 
Crown Grade

What are you going to do on rainy days and after dark??

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:01 pm 
Limited Edition

macrae3454 wrote:
Wave when you drive through Denver. I'll cross my fingers for your weather going over Raton. I pull our 28ft hitch trailer with a Ram 2500 Cummins also-hard to believe it is now 11 years old with 160K.

Do you ever think about stopping at Whittington if the weather is nice. I think they have 3 sporting courses now. I stopped there last March on my way to Phoenix for golf.

Have fun down there. It's a great place.
Tom

The NRAWC has awesome campgrounds and the facility is well worth the visit. My shooting buddies will be there tomorrow. I had to pass in that a project that should have been done and impending weather makes me work (a four letter word) tomorrow. It is a shooting related project. The walmart in town allows overnight stays this side of the pass. I have property and depending on how good a maneuverer you are with your rig you could overnight on my range. I live in a box canyon with good fields of fire. PM for phone number.

s/f Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:46 am 
Presentation Grade

I have found clays courses my area have adequate supplies to cover shooters requirements. One I shot last week has refused sales to walk in non shooting customers.

Bass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:32 am 
Field Grade

wrfish wrote:
Tom Bryant wrote:
You know your wife is going to want some time, so it sounds pretty good. Hope things have been good in Sidrock..hope I’ll see you in July, Lord willing.

Hey Tom, hope you are in good health. The same bunch shooting skeet Dave O. Dave T. Scot, Ray, and sometimes Bob.

Doing pretty well, sir, after a really rough year. Starting to shoot again, but having to work hard on balance. At this point, planning on a few weeks in Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado in June/July. Hope our paths will cross then. Enjoy your time in AZ.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:00 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Gunsite Guy wrote:
macrae3454 wrote:
Wave when you drive through Denver. I'll cross my fingers for your weather going over Raton. I pull our 28ft hitch trailer with a Ram 2500 Cummins also-hard to believe it is now 11 years old with 160K.

Do you ever think about stopping at Whittington if the weather is nice. I think they have 3 sporting courses now. I stopped there last March on my way to Phoenix for golf.

Have fun down there. It's a great place.
Tom

The NRAWC has awesome campgrounds and the facility is well worth the visit. My shooting buddies will be there tomorrow. I had to pass in that a project that should have been done and impending weather makes me work (a four letter word) tomorrow. It is a shooting related project. The walmart in town allows overnight stays this side of the pass. I have property and depending on how good a maneuverer you are with your rig you could overnight on my range. I live in a box canyon with good fields of fire. PM for phone number.

s/f Steve

Steve, thanks for the offer. We looked at the NRAWC two years ago but the weather is too cold in February . Last year we stayed in Raton with temps in the single digits and vowed to stay in a motel if that happened again. Our second night is in Elephant Butte and it does not freeze at night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

The two times I visited NRAWC were both during a road trip to meet some college buddies in Phoenix for golf. The stop was purely weather dependent-did it two times out of the 3 straight years I drove down there. Not this year-Covid. In those two cases I left Denver real early, stopped and at NRAWC, shot a round of sporting clays, and continued driving. In both of those cases I ended up staying in Gallup, NM before continuing on to Phoenix.

Some of my trap league buds are going down to Tucson Trap and Skeet for the Spring Grand.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As it turns out it was not enough. I can't believe I shot that many rounds. I ran out of everything except .410 and had to buy extra ammo from the club.The club was well stocked. Next year I will take more or not stay as long. Had a good time and entered several contests. I even won a 12ga event in Super Sporting in my class. It cost $50 to enter and I got $32 back. Tough way to make a living. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well done, Sir!

Probably a lot of folks living vicariously through your experience. Next time, if within your budget, don't shorten your trip, take more ammo! Particularly, since your wife is onboard! Congrats on your win!

JB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:23 pm 
Limited Edition

My wife and I spent 6 weeks in the south this winter. I was faced with the same dilemma. To fit luggage, guns, ammo and my dog in the car I was faced with a tough choice. The ammo had to go since I knew I couldn't buy locally. So it came down the the wife or the dog being left behind. I'll let you know if the wife ever speaks to me again but the dog enjoyed the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

bronicadave wrote:
My wife and I spent 6 weeks in the south this winter. I was faced with the same dilemma. To fit luggage, guns, ammo and my dog in the car I was faced with a tough choice. The ammo had to go since I knew I couldn't buy locally. So it came down the the wife or the dog being left behind. I'll let you know if the wife ever speaks to me again but the dog enjoyed the trip.

:lol: :lol: