ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Reading Targets
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:03 am 
Crown Grade

Lacyb Thank you most sincerely. My initial intention when writing the books was exactly that, to speed up the learning process for the new shooter. Having said that I have many shooters that progressed remarkably quickly from the new shooter to Masterclass as a result of the information in the books. The information in there was the result of over 40 years as a full time coach in 27 different countries. There is a testimonial letter on my web. site from Mark L. Kiddie that says "Congratulations on writing the definitive book on target leads."

When the UL book was first published in 2007, it was dismissed by many. Unfortunately, many of the negative comments on this and other forums were from shooters that had never even read it, which is a shame. But I'm pleased to say that book sales are at an all time high because shooters are finding out that as a method for building up a repertoire of sight pictures, it actually does work and I am always available and prepared to answer any relevant questions on the methodology. Thanks again.

www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:01 am 
Crown Grade

The top competitors break their targets before they step into the safety cage and learning to read all the targets correctly is the best way to progress in the game of Sporting Clays. In other words, we may have a gun that fits, we may practice mounting it until our mechanics are perfect, but if we can't read the variables of line, speed and distance, we will miss. Once any shooter has a logical way to do that, rapid progress will be made and they will punch up in class very quickly. Remember, the big shots are only little shots that keep shooting. :D

www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Lots of shooters buying books. Has anyone got any feedback yet? Is there anything I need to clarify? Please let me know.

Thank you :D

www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:10 pm 
Limited Edition

My copy turned up the other week, given it's modest price I wasn't expecting a large book and it's not so expectations met there.

I read it thru initially and have since read the sporting clays segment again. The skeet sections being a former "reasonable" skeet shooter seemed to represent my own mental images quite well.

I shot a 100 tgt sporting clays comp last weekend and shot pretty well, I have been quite happy with the progression of my performances the last say 3 comps and last weekend was no different. Previously I have been a rather inconsistent sporting clays shot on occasion and I seem to be rectifying that of late which is nice and what I am aiming towards.

Hard to judge the merit of any single item in regards to performance on the ground, I did feel myself being a little more conscious of the visual image I was trying to get in my head before calling for the target. Battues and big loopers I would have considered particular tricky previously but owned them on the weekend by thinking of the "box shot" segment in the book.

I think it is one of those things that if it helps me focus a little more and I have taken something away from it then yes, it was worth it so happy with my purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:55 am 
Crown Grade

Waldyo Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the "box" interpretation works well doesn't It? I got that visual from the great man himself, George Digweed many years ago. Up to now, only a few have given any feedback, notably Salopian, Hopper, lacyb, Sera, and one or two others. But thousands of the books have been sold so perhaps more will follow? Thanks again. :D

http://www.peteblakeley.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11