ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Briley 360 click
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:20 am 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
Despite the very esteemed opinion of many folks on this forum, there are still a lot of folks that change chokes during a shoot. I'm not saying it's the best idea, but those folks do exist in fairly large numbers.

I don’t think anyone here denies that there’s a lot of “choke changers” out there. The comments here, including mine, were about their personal habits with chokes. That’s the way I read them, anyway.

I agree with the rest of your post. Very well put.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:32 am 
Crown Grade

Mule Driver wrote:
drawdc wrote:
Despite the very esteemed opinion of many folks on this forum, there are still a lot of folks that change chokes during a shoot. I'm not saying it's the best idea, but those folks do exist in fairly large numbers.

I don’t think anyone here denies that there’s a lot of “choke changers” out there. The comments here, including mine, were about their personal habits with chokes. That’s the way I read them, anyway.

I agree with the rest of your post. Very well put.

{hs#

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:16 pm 
Crown Grade

Mike and Flying targets. You are correct. The correct name was the Russian jug choke called Tula after the Russian arsenal. But over the years the name got mistakenly distorted to "tulip" and many thought it was because of the shape. I believe there was something similar called a "bell" choke? Muledriver would know, he knows everything......especially about eye dominance. :D

Last edited by pete blakeley on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:31 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:

One of the complaints about changing chokes is that it becomes a distraction. Briley took that information and designed a system to make changing chokes faster and easier. That is not a marketing scam, but a response to customer feedback. They do work and the chokes are high quality Briley chokes. I'm not interested in the system, but I too am curious about how they are actually working on a longer term basis. Since we haven't heard a response to the OP, I would assume no one on here has purchased them.

Briley has made a very good business and reputation from providing products people wanted or needed or at least thought they wanted or needed them.... :lol:

I think you are spot on....Briley heard input from enough shooters to come up with this concept and put it on the market. I honestly haven't seen any in the region up here I shoot but I hope the company is getting some traction with it and it does decent for them.

I have plenty of shooting friends that change their chokes frequently so there is certainly a potential market.

And Briley makes quality stuff....

Beretta A400 20 Gauge

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:56 pm 
Crown Grade

pete blakeley wrote:
Muledriver would know, he knows everything......especially about eye dominance. :D

No Pete, I don't know everything about anything. But I do strongly disagree about your thoughts about eye dominance, as do many others.

I lived that whole program, and was coached by (at the time) the best eye dominance team in the world, and that's according to your own A.J. "Smoker" Smith. And just about anyone else who knew what was going on.

So no, I don't know everything eye dominance. But I sure as heck spent a lot of time working on it, and what you say just doesn't jibe with Dryke's program. Nor what Anthony has on his website.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:51 pm 
Crown Grade

And yet, there is an article written by experts on the subject (not me) on my web. site. opposite the picture of me shaking hands with an Olympian. Please click on Lessons then scroll down and click on the green text:- Changes in Dominance, Clay Pigeon Shooting. But as I said before, no point in you reading it, because even though it was written by experts, you know better. :roll:

www.peteblakeley.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:08 pm 
Crown Grade

pete blakeley wrote:
And yet, there is an article written by experts on the subject (not me) on my web. site. opposite the picture of me shaking hands with an Olympian. Please click on Lessons then scroll down and click on the green text:- Changes in Dominance, Clay Pigeon Shooting. But as I said before, no point in you reading it, because even though it was written by experts, you know better. :roll:

http://www.peteblakeley.com

What does that have to do with the Briley 360 Click?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:15 am 
Crown Grade

drawdc It doesn't. But then, what do dentists have to do with pattern plates and gunfitting? :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2 pages and nobody who has used the chokes posted? And a question: How much weight does the 360 click add to the barrel?

It seems to take me "forever" to change a Beretta Optima HP choke. Longer than that if trying to do it in front of a station with people watching and waiting. So long that I just shoot the whole course with whatever I started with. A quick change would ease my anxiety about choke changing a whole lot, I think. I know I would order one right now if I shot a single barrel gun. But 2 of them on a O/U might be too much up front weight?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:25 am 
Crown Grade

Bill, that’s a great point. And, I don’t recall Briley mentioning the weight in their adds for these chokes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:34 pm 
Limited Edition

No personal experience, but I shot with a father and son about a year ago who had these in their guns. I asked them about the choke since I had not seen them before. They were happy to show them off. Both were fairly new to shooting and changed chokes quite regularly so that was their reason behind buying them.
The only thing that struck me was how far they protruded out of the barrel. But they hit targets when they put the gun in the right spot and missed when they didn’t.