ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to buy Ranger Prescription shooting glasses
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Looking for suggestions on where to buy prescription Ranger shooting glasses.

Post subject: Re: Where to buy Ranger Prescription shooting glasses
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm 
Diamond Grade

We get ours from Wayne Morgan at Morgan Optical. He's a very sharp guy and if you listen to him (something I didn't do initially), he can keep you from making mistakes...as in getting you what you actually need rather than what you might think you need. :D

https://www.morganoptical.net/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:22 pm 
Crown Grade

I am approaching this same situation. On the ranger website there is a tab for prescription lenses. From what I understand the frames and the RX lenses all are procured via the ranger authorized vision center. There is a search tool on the ranger website to find offices in your area. Good luck

And please post back with info on how you made out. Many of us aging shooting relics are in the same boat and will face the same process

Beretta A400 20 Gauge

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
We get ours from Wayne Morgan at Morgan Optical. He's a very sharp guy and if you listen to him (something I didn't do initially), he can keep you from making mistakes...as in getting you what you actually need rather than what you might think you need. :D

This is the route I went and I have been very pleased.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

I’ve bought two sets and a friend bought another set of Edge prescription glasses from Texas Shooters Optical. No problems with the process as long as you include your PD (pupillary distance) on your prescription. When you get your eyes examined the doctor doesn’t normally include this info, so you have to ask them for that measurement.
Cheers Gofer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

I got mine from L&M Lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Tom at Tx Shooter's Optical is another great one to deal with. he shipped me different lenses when I decided I wanted to change colors; I got the new ones before I sent the other ones back. He answers questions quickly and ships real fast also.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Tom at Tx Shooter's Optical is another great one to deal with. he shipped me different lenses when I decided I wanted to change colors; I got the new ones before I sent the other ones back. He answers questions quickly and ships real fast also.

Tom is the best. Great guy with excellent service.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 am 
Tournament Grade

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:

Same here. Get your prescription from your eye doctor and submit. I ordered my last pair from Morgan Optical at the Ohio State Shoot, 20 minutes from my home and, and they were shipped to me very quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 am 
Limited Edition

I have been using the Ranger XLW with prescription inserts for the past year and they have been great. My regular optometrist gave me prescription for a distance only lens (usually wear progressive lenses) which I took to my Ranger Dealer. HeavyGlare Eyewear is the Minneapolis area shop I worked with. The prescription insert is a good choice when compared to having several colors of prescription lenses made, and then having your prescription change every year or two as happens at my age. I would suggest the anti-reflective coatings and will do so when I order a new set. In some light conditions there is a little glare created between the two lenses (prescription and color outer lens). Overall very happy with the Rangers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:57 am 
Crown Grade

I will add to my original post that when I went to a scrip lens, I used LM because they were down for the winter nearby. They did an excellent job as well.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I used to work across the street from the Randolph Engineering facility. I walked in one day to discuss Rx shooting glasses. They advised me to call Morgan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:00 pm 
Field Grade

Last year I wanted some lenses made so I contacted Randolph. Here are the names that they recommended. I spoke to at least two of them on the phone and both were shooters so understood the nuances of what shooters are looking for. There are differences in shooting disciplines however so you should take that into consideration when asking them their advice and coming to your final conclusion on what you will need.
I bought mine from Frank Rively.

Good luck.
John

Morgan Optical – 800.594.0175
Frank Rively - 570-606-6649
L&M Lenses – 802-343-0828