ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: How much longer can the season go on?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Until ammo starts to show up I’m just going back to fishing. I love to shoot and I love sporting clays but it’s not necessary for my survival.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

>>I refuse to pay it. I'll take up something else. I've got plenty of ammo, but when it's gone, it's gone.<<

Yup, and there you have it. I'm old enough and have been in the hobby long enough that if it comes to an end it's not the end of the world. Sad but true.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That will be the real problem with this shell thing.

I shoot a lot of practice because there were so many registered shoots canceled.

When I shoot practice I shoot between 175 and 200 shells. I am going to cut back a little on that.

There will be a lot of shooters cutting back and the real problem will be the shooters who quit all together.

I feel bad for the shooters who are going to have to cut back and even quit the thing that they love to do.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:26 am 
Diamond Grade

I'm starting to think in terms of being more efficient with my practice. More time on tougher targets would seem to make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 am 
Crown Grade

I'm the cheapest [email protected]$tard that walks the face of the earth. I refuse to pay more than retail. I'll simply go to the range and dry fire my pistol, go to the golf course and chip balls, or go to the beach and smoke a cigar.

What I won't do is be part of this ammo shortage. Oh, and I won't let President Magoo or his ilk have any of my money either. They can have my Krugerands when they pry them from my cold, dead, Lou Malnati's pizza sauce covered fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 am 
Presentation Grade

ysr_racer wrote:
I'm the cheapest [email protected]$tard that walks the face of the earth. I refuse to pay more than retail. I'll simply go to the range and dry fire my pistol, go to the golf course and chip balls, or go to the beach and smoke a cigar.

What I won't do is be part of this ammo shortage. Oh, and I won't let President Magoo or his ilk have any of my money either. They can have my Krugerands when they pry them from my cold, dead, Lou Malnati's pizza sauce covered fingers.

Brad, would you pay a penny to see a p!ssant eat a bale of hay?
:lol:
bc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm 
Crown Grade

ebcjr wrote:
ysr_racer wrote:

Brad, would you pay a penny to see a p!ssant eat a bale of hay?
:lol:
bc

Yes, but I wouldn't tip. I don't believe in tipping. Let me get this straight, other people want my money?

Umm, no ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:41 pm 
Crown Grade

I can do without sporting clays easily!! My guns, not so much. Looks like it's fixing to get serious in a day or two!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:46 pm 
Crown Grade

I suspect that we are looking at a rerun of the Clinton-era restrictions with some increased background check requirements.

Biden probably won't decree anything that the Attorney General thinks unlikely to withstand scrutiny by the Supreme Court. While Mr. Biden is borderline demented, AG Garland appears to be entirely competent, and, by all accounts, an accomplished Constitutional scholar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:16 pm 
Limited Edition

1redvette wrote:
I can do without sporting clays easily!! My guns, not so much.

I am the opposite. I would struggle to give up my shooting sports. If I didn't need my guns to hunt or play my shooting sports, I could give them up in a minute. They are just tools for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

Well, there are 463 shooters signed up for the Browning Briley in Houston, there are 395 signed up for the Gamaliel cup so at least the big shoots are still well attended. However, the lack of ability to practice cheaply and regularly means some folks like myself aren't going to travel far to big shoots. I am probably not going to make the NC Regional in WI that I signed up for. Hard to spend the money to fly/drive half way across the country when it is hard to shoot enough practice to be sharp.

Location helps too, there are only 544 for the Western Regional, so 80 more than a big "local" shoot in TX.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Listening to some of you, I can see the plan of the anti's coming together. Those of you who said you can do without sporting and the other clay target disciplines plus those of you who stated when the ammo runs out, I will just stop the game. I can live without it. One person mentioned he would find another hobby or go fishing. These things are your privilege as an American but you are letting these new people in charge, stop you from doing these things. This is what the other guys plan has been all along. I mentioned, that many shortages are man created and for the most part I got blasted by a few of you. I am fine with that. These were just your opinions and you have a right to them. Well, so do I

I guess I am just plain hard headed when it comes to being an American. I believe in the Constitution and the second amendment as well as the first and the entire Bill of Rights. I am tired of major corporations trying to govern our country. If they want in the big game, let them run for office. I personally will not support these people and I have thought of some ways to help raise money for one of our bankrupt associations. (A lot of Money) As soon as I get the go on this, I will post it here. I think most of you will want to join this project. At least I hope so.

Mike McAlpine

Curly, I have done my best to follow the rules of this site and it is not my intention to break the rules here. One day soon I think you might be willing to comment about this subject. If you think that my reply breaks our rules, by all means, remove it with my blessings. I just think it is time to step up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:11 pm 
Crown Grade

J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
1redvette wrote:
I can do without sporting clays easily!! My guns, not so much.

I am the opposite. I would struggle to give up my shooting sports. If I didn't need my guns to hunt or play my shooting sports, I could give them up in a minute. They are just tools for me.

I too have some that are tools. And I have some that are not. I'm 70 years old, and I have some that are much more. Guns I watched my grand dad and dad shoot ducks and quail with, and some they killed deer with. Some I watched my kids kill their first deer with. These aren't going anywhere till they kill me for them. And I mean that. Some times I wish i didn't feel that way, but I do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:
Listening to some of you, I can see the plan of the anti's coming together. Those of you who said you can do without sporting and the other clay target disciplines plus those of you who stated when the ammo runs out, I will just stop the game. I can live without it. One person mentioned he would find another hobby or go fishing. These things are your privilege as an American but you are letting these new people in charge, stop you from doing these things. This is what the other guys plan has been all along. I mentioned, that many shortages are man created and for the most part I got blasted by a few of you. I am fine with that. These were just your opinions and you have a right to them. Well, so do I

I guess I am just plain hard headed when it comes to being an American. I believe in the Constitution and the second amendment as well as the first and the entire Bill of Rights. I am tired of major corporations trying to govern our country. If they want in the big game, let them run for office. I personally will not support these people and I have thought of some ways to help raise money for one of our bankrupt associations. (A lot of Money) As soon as I get the go on this, I will post it here. I think most of you will want to join this project. At least I hope so.

Mike McAlpine

Curly, I have done my best to follow the rules of this site and it is not my intention to break the rules here. One day soon I think you might be willing to comment about this subject. If you think that my reply breaks our rules, by all means, remove it with my blessings. I just think it is time to step up.

Everyone here agrees with your stance except liberal Democrats like Sera, who voted for Biden and all that goes with him. But when the shells run out, what are we to do?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:53 am 
Crown Grade

Mike McAlpine wrote:

Mike McAlpine

Mike,

That’s one of the very best posts I’ve ever seen on this site. You’re dead nuts spot on point with that one. We are at the point where we have to just say no, and not give up our rights.

Last edited by Mule Driver on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:11 am 
Crown Grade

Have to totally agree with those that say “nope, I’m not letting these liberals take my rights and my sporting clays away from me”.

Liberals are welcome to their opinions. But their opinion doesn’t give them the right to take my rights away from me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I agree with Mr. McAlpine also. That said, I'd guess that target guns are pretty far down the antis gun grab list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:55 am 
Presentation Grade

The liberal left Democrat Party and all those who support and vote for them don't care, Gary. They've decided to run over us with lies and subversive tactics that would make Karl Marx blush. You, Mike, me, and all the conservatives who vote Republican and own and use firearms legally are nothing more than grist and cannon fodder for their agenda. We can complain and say "we ain't gonna take it", but who's stopping them right now? I love Mike's attitude, but it doesn't matter to the enemy within.

I'm reminded of the scene from "The Outlaw Josey Wales", where the old Indian, Lone Watie, said, "I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender."

When our vote doesn't count anymore, we're done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:00 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Thanks guys for your great comments and support for our sport and the Constitution plus the second and first Amendments. My thinking these last few months is that we all must stand up for our country. I am not suggesting violence in the physical form but in the support of America form. We need to tell these people who do not like our America that we will no longer be silent. Damn, I hate the things that are going on it the US right now. At the least, the otherside needs to start working with the side we represent. Maybe if we can do this we might be able to get America back on track.

Mike McAlpine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

https://pics.me.me/Facebook-Tarkin-659e78.png

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next