ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: trapshooter.com quirkinesses?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 am 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
Gmt eternally banned me, so i'm still out. he is the mobs hit man for the old cronies. whatever the cronies want, they tell him and it happens. so it's the cronies that want me banned.
Anyone who would ban me for an honest warning to protect kids going to shoots in crowded vans in the midwest, are not sane people and it reflects poorly on the morals of the Midwest professional trap shooters.
The biggest issue is still, the website should be renamed atatrapshooters.com, because its governed by old pro ata shooters who believe that registered shooting is the only venue for trap. I've been accused by many for being disrespectful of the pro sport of shooting. not true. I wouldn't be handing out ata and nssa literature at MY skeet and trap range that I OWN, if I was. It's whenever someone who promotes the sport in a public small club venue approach on the site, they slam them down. Fun shoots, private rallies, and back yard meets, all are treated as second string on that site. I'm also very focused on ensuring people coming up in the game, are made aware of how its designed to reach in your pocket and drain you of valuable income fast, if you don't be cautious. not everyone needs a pirazzi or has to dump thousands into fitting a gun. the industry doesn't like watchdogs pointing out schemes that do just that. I never saw so many snake oil gizmos in one place in my life dealing with trap or skeet. that site lives off vendors. granted. but why have an open forum if it's censored, is beyond me. the ban capital of the world continues on with a new format. and, without me. I was very good to them. 3000+ posts and it was done with the idea of opening eyes. they should have invited me back. instead, they were like vipers just waiting to strike... and did. I will just steer everyone here and share my piece of mind about them openly. I know some of the bad apples from there are here. hope they bring this back and stir the pot.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:11 am 
Crown Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
Who is the administrator? Obviously George MT was kept in the dark and doesn’t know anything according to his post.
Or he is a liar.

I don't feel he is a liar nor kept in the dark. He was just misinformed I believe and the evidence of my unbanning in my status has made him not question it anymore.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
∞ R.I.P. 8Chan 2013-2019 ∞
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:57 pm 
Crown Grade

A properly moderated site only should ban members for:

1. Truly obnoxious behavior manifested by pointless and factless arguing.

2. Personal attacks

3. Gross repeated breach of site Rules.

4. Only after being given at least one warning and then blatantly ignoring that warning.

Disciplinary bans should always be accompanied by a short explanation primarily to to be instructive to all members as to what is acceptable. They should always be of a relatively short duration of less than two weeks.

Permanent bans should be reserved for egregious, repeated behavior or trolling as an anti-gunner or for other non-site related purpose.

Moderators should not engage in arguments; they should moderate them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

I had a moderator there try to pick a fight with me in a post
a few days back. Won't go into details, but they certainly
have some a-holes there. There is that really entrenched
bunch, been there forever, and have umpteen thousand
posts, with most showing no more than a couple lines per
post and not much brain power. I don't post much there but do
go on occasionally. We got some a-holes here too, in all
fairness. There is no getting away from them. I can remember
a moderator here that was not one of my favorite people. He
is long gone.

The moderators there seem to be particularly viscous about
Randy Wakeman. I was a bit surprised by that. He is
banned and my readings of their moderators is that he is
not coming back ever. I guess they like being king shjt,
and want to prove it.

They do have the best software, even the one they just
abandoned was great. Go back a long time and they had
the worst software, absolute pits. The only thing that kept
them alive was the humor and personality of the regulars.
Of course they all shot trap, that helped. But that enthusiasm
was something. Things run in cycles. At some point they
will screw themselves up. It is written in the stars.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

Maser wrote:
Jaspo01 wrote:
Who is the administrator? Obviously George MT was kept in the dark and doesn’t know anything according to his post.
Or he is a liar.

I don't feel he is a liar nor kept in the dark. He was just misinformed I believe and the evidence of my unbanning in my status has made him not question it anymore.

Maser, that shows me quite a bit of thought, analysis, and intelligence. Those qualities make you a misfit many places.
Here is link to your posts there:
https://www.trapshooters.com/search/7744/?page=24

The thing that stands out. You posted not about trap, but life in general. My reading, you just wanted to talk. They gave you the boot. A guy wants to talk and they kick him out. You are back now but hardly ever post. The bloom is off the rose. You are banning them now. What goes around comes around.

Most of these sites are not all that important. People think because the whole world has access to them and a number of people go there it is a big deal. Well, it isn't. Only a handful go, Take any post on these sites and you may see 20 views on the first post, maybe 40 by the second post, 60 by the 3rd post. What does that tell you? 20 people have seen it. There are 50 states. less than one person per state has seen it. We are all talking to ourselves but many thinking they are talking to the world.

The thing I wonder about is the advertising. With the limited audience, how effective can advertising be on these sites? I suppose gunsmith services can be effective, gunsmiths don't have a lot of customers, just need a few.

And that is all I have to say about that. Until tomorrow, when I will once again talk to myself here.
I like my company. I am really very smart. just ask me if you don't believe me.

All this written after a couple glasses of Portuguese wine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JoeCool wrote:

and want to prove it.

You do know Wakeman isn't exactly Mr. Personality right?
He goes in there and acts like a know it all as he does here
and treating those long timers like they should all bow to his knowledge
it's easy to predict what the outcome would be.
He lost respect from people with decades of shotgun experience (as much or more than him) when he treated them like kids looking for their 1st "tacticool shotgun."
His Shotgun Expert status here didn't translate well there.
Different type of expert over there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 am 
Crown Grade

JoeCool wrote:
Maser wrote:
Jaspo01 wrote:
Or he is a liar.

Maser, that shows me quite a bit of thought, analysis, and intelligence. Those qualities make you a misfit many places.
Here is link to your posts there:
https://www.trapshooters.com/search/7744/?page=24

The thing that stands out. You posted not about trap, but life in general. My reading, you just wanted to talk. They gave you the boot. A guy wants to talk and they kick him out. You are back now but hardly ever post. The bloom is off the rose. You are banning them now. What goes around comes around.

Most of these sites are not all that important. People think because the whole world has access to them and a number of people go there it is a big deal. Well, it isn't. Only a handful go, Take any post on these sites and you may see 20 views on the first post, maybe 40 by the second post, 60 by the 3rd post. What does that tell you? 20 people have seen it. There are 50 states. less than one person per state has seen it. We are all talking to ourselves but many thinking they are talking to the world.

The thing I wonder about is the advertising. With the limited audience, how effective can advertising be on these sites? I suppose gunsmith services can be effective, gunsmiths don't have a lot of customers, just need a few.

And that is all I have to say about that. Until tomorrow, when I will once again talk to myself here.
I like my company. I am really very smart. just ask me if you don't believe me.

All this written after a couple glasses of Portuguese wine.

First off, that link doesn't even work for me and just gives me an error page.

Second of all, my posting habits only got me banned for like 2 or 3 days when I first became a member because that's how it is for everyone who joins and starts posting. Post too much and they think you're trying to get to 50 posts to sell stuff. The ban I had for the past 2 years had NOTHING to do with my posting habits. Like I already said, I was banned simply because I am not liked at this site and a small handful of my detractors here who are either banned here or got run off took their vendettas from here and spammed OSO when he was an admin with lies about me in order to get me banned. The fact he couldn't keep his story straight about me and my banning was the red flag and is what made me to do an investigation behind the scenes to see what really went down.

Bottom line is cancel culture in general needs to stop NOW. You don't walk into your favorite bar and notice someone you don't like and try to start crap with them and get the owner to kick said person out based on your feelings alone. What do you do instead? You ignore them and enjoy your drink and friends instead.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
∞ R.I.P. 8Chan 2013-2019 ∞
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:31 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
for goodness sake, don't mention fun shoots. youll end up like me. lol.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JoeCool wrote:
and want to prove it.

Here is a Wakeman thread from TS.com
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/th ... st-8560033

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

trapshooters.com reinforces every negative thing I've ever heard about pompous, grumpy trapshooters.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Recent changes in the trapshooters.com moved the political babble to the bottom of the page which was a great change. Now the non shooting political radicals won't be noticed.
Shooting forums should be about shooting, not a stage for political noise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:16 pm 
Crown Grade

lossking nailed it.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:09 am 
Diamond Grade

lossking wrote:
trapshooters.com reinforces every negative thing I've ever heard about pompous, grumpy trapshooters.
Surely does.

But I’d be a jerk too if my entire shotgunning experience revolved around standing in line with 4 old men trying to keep a cadence while needing to perfectly premount a shotgun with some crazy erector set contraption on the butt end and horse blinders on my glasses.

And god forbid you ask ‘was that 5?’ while on the line!

Nope I prefer my shotgunning to involve targets coming from all directions while farm transportation equipment zooms by behind me and people actually smile and laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

birdhunter39 wrote:
lossking wrote:
Surely does.

But I’d be a jerk too if my entire shotgunning experience revolved around standing in line with 4 old men trying to keep a cadence while needing to perfectly premount a shotgun with some crazy erector set contraption on the butt end and horse blinders on my glasses.

And god forbid you ask ‘was that 5?’ while on the line!

Nope I prefer my shotgunning to involve targets coming from all directions while farm transportation equipment zooms by behind me and people actually smile and laugh.

What, you mean it's supposed to be fun? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 am 
Crown Grade

"Nope I prefer my shotgunning to involve targets coming from all directions while farm transportation equipment zooms by behind me and people actually smile and laugh."

Good for you, I am glad you enjoy that.

Now, see how that works? I don't disparage your form of shotgunning nor did I go to the "targets in all directions" forum and poop on it's floor with an inane observation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Jim you are right...i apologize. My comments weren't meant as a personal assault, just a fun observation of what many perceive to be a stiff and unfriendly discipline. However as this IS the trap forum they were out of place and i was wrong to post it here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

lossking wrote:

IMHO, mg1polo is the biggest prick on the site, but has about 90% of the board convinced he is a know-it-all. He may know some things, and they work for him, just as many here have things that work for them. But if you don't do it his way, he considers you ignorant, stupid, not worth replying to, etc. He treats newbies who haven't reached this magical 50 post limit yet that turns posters from idiots into believable shooters/reloaders, like dogshit. I've reported this asshat numerous times, but I think he has the mods in his pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:21 am 
Crown Grade

its 'trap mafia' over there.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 am 
Tournament Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:

ha this is hilarious

oldtechshooter wrote:
IMHO, mg1polo is the biggest prick on the site, but has about 90% of the board convinced he is a know-it-all. He may know some things, and they work for him, just as many here have things that work for them. But if you don't do it his way, he considers you ignorant, stupid, not worth replying to, etc. He treats newbies who haven't reached this magical 50 post limit yet that turns posters from idiots into believable shooters/reloaders, like dogshit. I've reported this asshat numerous times, but I think he has the mods in his pocket.

He pays to be there no? and yes to all of that, the attitude of the folks over there is just brutal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oldtechshooter wrote:
lossking wrote:

Where did you get your 90% opinion?
He was heavily challenged on a wad thread I participated in.
Many long time members went against him as well as me.
This isn't a one off either. No one is going to accept any members b.s. He gets challenged many times and has been threatened with bans by the moderators often. His reputation as being some kind of a T.S, Svengali is a figment of your imagination.
His numerous posts do not mean wide spread acceptance of his
views over there.
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/cl ... st-8560358
I have also noticed many long timers that many here have complained about have
virtually vanished from that site recently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next