ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: trapshooter.com quirkinesses?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks birdhunter39.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
oldtechshooter wrote:
lossking wrote:
trapshooters.com reinforces every negative thing I've ever heard about pompous, grumpy trapshooters.

IMHO, mg1polo is the biggest prick on the site, but has about 90% of the board convinced he is a know-it-all. He may know some things, and they work for him, just as many here have things that work for them. But if you don't do it his way, he considers you ignorant, stupid, not worth replying to, etc. He treats newbies who haven't reached this magical 50 post limit yet that turns posters from idiots into believable shooters/reloaders, like dogshit. I've reported this asshat numerous times, but I think he has the mods in his pocket.

Where did you get your 90% opinion?
He was heavily challenged on a wad thread I participated in.
Many long time members went against him as well as me.
This isn't a one off either. No one is going to accept any members b.s. He gets challenged many times and has been threatened with bans by the moderators often. His reputation as being some kind of a T.S, Svengali is a figment of your imagination.
His numerous posts do not mean wide spread acceptance of his
views over there.
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/cl ... st-8560358
I have also noticed many long timers that many here have complained about have
virtually vanished from that site recently.

I guess we interpret his asshatedness differently. He has several threads on making shot, one that starts out praising his prowess of the process. This one and another one I think got rather heated with others suggesting different coolants than what he used. He immediately came unglued, called them ignorant, etc. If you don't do it his way, it isn't right, ya just gotta accept that fact.

I have gotten in several tiffs in threads with him on his attitude and how he treats newbies there. Most of the posts by both of us were deleted poste haste. He just really doesn't give a sh*t. I think he was abused as a child.

I would love to jump on this thread where he claims any Joe 6 pack can ship powder, upon learning of a gent in Hawaii that had an 8# jug of Clays he didn't need. Claims ya just gotta put the right signage on the package. Me thinks he's got shipping ammo with an ORM-D sticker confuse with hazmat. AFAIK powder and primers hipping by individuals is a big no-no, but try telling mg1, who knows more than everyone that. See post #7 for his simplistic explanation

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/ho ... st-8560995

And I'm vanishing more or less. I have grown tired of that site. It offers nothing I don't know. I check here occasionally, and over at castboolits, and that's about it anymore. Got better things to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:52 am 
Field Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
bozack wrote:
Jaspo01 wrote:

mg1polo ?

I saw that happen in the Yildiz Pro thread.

Mostly a positive thread. He got carried away and the Moderator came down on him.

Happens here a lot too.

I can't remember who, someone with a photo of what I figure was them with their dog as their profile pic...whoever it was they seemed to have some issues and their replies were pretty wild.

I've been on here a while now and while some folks do have their preferences I have yet to see the same kind of animosity directed to folks, and especially not around what it is they are using for equipment, most here seem more helpful on the whole and far more reasoned, measured, and constructive in their responses.

And here there are forums dedicated to all sorts of different types of stuff which there I figure would just get poo poo'd by the regulars.

Yep! That's mg1polo.
He has and was called out for his emotional issues by other members and the Mod.
In these discussions there are going to be some that are pro and some that are
sceptics. There is nothing wrong with that. That's a healthy debate.
mg1polo was the exception. He added nothing to the debate.
He just wanted to ostracize and name call those on the pro side.

mg1polo is a ***head, pure and simple. As they have not banned him permanently, the class and caliber of whomever owns trapshooter.com is highly suspect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:13 pm 
Crown Grade

trapshooter.com is owned by Vertical Scope, which is in turn owned by the Toronto Star (Torstar), a liberal media group. Neither has any class at all, and are in it strictly for the money. Torstar won't even allow VS to list any gun forums on their website on their 'Outdoor Sites' page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:52 pm 
Field Grade

I have been a member on ts.com for years. I just got banned for 30 days for listing my email address when responding to a question on a for sale post. I thought I was responding to a PM, but maybe i responded by a public post. Sure I know the rules say no posting of private information. But 30 days
for a mistake?
And why do they care if somebody posts their own email address?
I may go back after the ban but maybe not. The site is not what it used to be in terms of information, buying, and selling.

Yes, I am a member of the ATA and shoot registered targets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

painter* wrote:
trapshooter.com is owned by Vertical Scope, which is in turn owned by the Toronto Star (Torstar), a liberal media group. Neither has any class at all, and are in it strictly for the money. Torstar won't even allow VS to list any gun forums on their website on their 'Outdoor Sites' page.

That may all be true but TS.com runs a political forum dominated by Conservatives.
In fact the Moderator has a low tolerance for the Liberal trolls who migrated over there from here after SGW's political forum shut down.
In fact I saw a long timer over here who is a regular on the reloading forum
and was an annoyance on the political forum here earn himself a permanent ban
for acting out over on TS.com while others from here have been told to shape up or join him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:11 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
all I did was warn mid west fathers to reconsider not letting their kids travel in tight team vans to trap meets and I got a perm. ban.

now look at the Midwest.
hotspots all over it.
cant say I didn't care.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 am 
Crown Grade

Tensions have been pretty high at other gun forums as well in regards to the election and Corona Chan. For the next few weeks or even months, I feel that people are gonna have to walk on egg shells a bit to avoid a suspension or ban. If you're called a troll for no reason, don't feel bad and just ignore it. It's no different than being called a racist for committing the vile crime of having a difference of opinion with others.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
∞ R.I.P. 8Chan 2013-2019 ∞
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:38 am 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
name calling and being banned forever are 2 separate things.
maybe its good im banned forever there. seems by being banned, the truth as to the integrity of some members was exposed.
I don't want to be associated with a website that disregards health and safety of young shooters, in order to promote and preserve a passion, pastime, sport, or whatever you want to call trap shooting. trap isn't worth dieing for.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 pm 
Field Grade

I think the mods here at SGWorld do a great job of keeping discussions within civil bounds, thank you. I’ve found an incredible amount of knowledge and value in the shooting related sub-forums and threads. While I think SGWorld is the best I’ve found and TS.com might be the worst, would shooting forums be better off sticking to shooting sports content . . and leaving political sub-forums and discussions for actual politically dedicated Forums?

Last edited by Westender on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

You know it's just real weird but I don't see any threads on TS.com about shotgun world?? Go figure.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

mcneeley5 wrote:
You know it's just real weird but I don't see any threads on TS.com about shotgun world?? Go figure.....

Maybe that's because anyone who mentions SGW gets banned and the post gets deleted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:40 am 

They did have an Admin there that was a bit on the Dictator side, but he apparently has moved out of that job. Don't know why. I visit there daily, but never post a message about this place or anything over here. Not sure that would be proper for me to do as a post on the board.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:46 am 
Diamond Grade

Westender wrote:
I think the mods here at SGWorld do a great job of keeping discussions within civil bounds, thank you. I’ve found an incredible amount of knowledge and value in the shooting related sub-forums and threads. While I think SGWorld is the best I’ve found and TS.com might be the worst, would shooting forums be better off sticking to shooting sports content . . and leaving political sub-forums and discussions for actual politically dedicated Forums?

It seems like when there was a political forum, most of the political stuff stayed there. Not all but most. Now it seems like a lot more discussions in other topics get some political jabs landed.
Again, just saying it seems that way. I’m not reading every post on every topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am 
Field Grade

TJ303 wrote:
I have been a member on ts.com for years. I just got banned for 30 days for listing my email address when responding to a question on a for sale post.

I joined TS in 2009 and while not very active in post count I have posted in threads over the years. All of a sudden I get a 30 day vacation (Nov 2020) for "smart assing", seems my comment in a thread about the 50 post rule was not to someone's liking. After I returned from vacation I was back less than 2 weeks and yep another 30 day vacation this time for using a "Faux cuss word".

I make it a point now to just briefly reply in a thread if I feel it's worth my time.

Maybe there was a rouge Mod running amuck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:29 pm 
Crown Grade

my only regret being banned is not being able to access my friends in my mail profile. lost a lot of good ones and good contacts. some here have helped and im grateful, but I forgot a lot of the others.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

There's some good info over there, but sometimes it's pretty crazy. There's a guy who recently posted about how he got scammed and was warning others about who it was and how it happened. However, in doing so, he admitted he responded to someone who didn't have the requisite minimum 50 posts to post in their classifieds who contacted him via "profile post" instead of "private message," which is against the rules. So even though he was just putting his own naivety on display and trying to warn people from getting scammed, *he* got banned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7