ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: trapshooter.com quirkinesses?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jim Tyner wrote:
Also was the "great shooters who aren't putting up great scores" comment a joke?.

Ah....that would be like you Tyner, if you were one of the good guys and others agreed.

Maltz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Now Maltzie, don't be so easy to troll.

You should know by now that I have never cared what other people think. I just do my thing and have a great time doing it. Trapshooting has been a a lot of fun. I have met lots of good guys, some real interesting aholes, won a bunch of stuff and made more money from the game than 99.99% of guys that ever shot a target.

Yep, I am a happy camper.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Wow.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rooster booster wrote:
Wow.....

Ditto. Just, wow! Makes me glad I don't know any of those "great trap shooters" that maltzahn referred to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jim Tyner wrote:
Now Maltzie, don't be so easy to troll.

You should know by now that I have never cared what other people think. I just do my thing and have a great time doing it. Trapshooting has been a a lot of fun. I have met lots of good guys, some real interesting aholes, won a bunch of stuff and made more money from the game than 99.99% of guys that ever shot a target.

Yep, I am a happy camper.

Tyner....Yup...We do agree and there is a trapshooting majority of good guys posting scores well below championship level. Being the best shot is not the criteria. Be a volunteer making the game available to many. Be outspoken so others know where your coming from. Be available to help if asked.

Don't be that jackass that wants something from the trap game having little credibility or experience. Trapshooting has 140+ years of tradition nationwide. Some self important new guy ain't going to change anything. Change comes slow and starts at the top of the pecking order.

The top is guys like me, quarter million registered targets, gun club manager, volunteer, 50+ years of shooting experience. You know, one of them damn old guys that run things their way. Having no respect for those that cause trouble among participants because they have an idea that merits no attention.

Whiners and jackass elites have ruined the skeet game and limited participation in sporting clays. While trap has substantial growth. Thousands of new shooters each year just in youth at the high school and collage level. A windfall of income to trap clubs nationwide. For our gun club in SW Iowa, enough money to add skeet, 5 stand and a 800 yard rifle range, plus a 40 x 50 yard pistol pit. New buildings, skid loader, UTV, open 4 days a week on the clay side and 365 on the rifle / pistol side.

Any of you easily offended snow flakes think you can build that? Not a chance. A group of volunteers, diverse professional people giving of their time and money, goal setting with accomplishment makes these things happen. That is why they make the decisions.

Maltz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:49 am 
Field Grade

bobski wrote:
will someone help me?

I noticed someone posted in that thread you are posting "on the other side now".

LOL, I BTDT.

It is all Deja vu for me. I could just change the board names and poster names and the rest of all the posts would be the same. I got banned on an Indiana board one time for copy and paste a portion of the state hunting regs, they didn't like, straight from the DNR web page.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
friendlies here, are helping me contact my real true friends that I was cut off from over there.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

I think if they were your "true" friends they would be looking for a way to contact you
not waiting for you to contact them .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:59 pm 

Oldman1949 wrote:
I think if they were your "true" friends they would be looking for a way to contact you
not waiting for you to contact them .

Maybe they are but are not aware of this place or that Bobski is here. There is no reason to be sure that he even has the same name in both places as that is not a requirement. Or are you just trying to stir up trouble? I hope not.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Not trying to stir the pot at all .
Have to ask you a question :
Do your "true" friends know how to contact you other than a post or P.M. from a web site ? I know my friends (be they true or not) can contact me in other ways than a forum .
I'll not post on this thread any more to avoid any "misunderstandings" .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:04 am 
Field Grade

Oldman1949 wrote:
Not trying to stir the pot at all .
Have to ask you a question :
Do your "true" friends know how to contact you other than a post or P.M. from a web site ? I know my friends (be they true or not) can contact me in other ways than a forum .
I'll not post on this thread any more to avoid any "misunderstandings" .

Not talking for the OP, but just in general.

IMHO it is the nature of the internet and small groups. You make friends in different groups. In some cases they are not invite over for dinner friends, but people you respect and enjoy bantering with.

It can be also described like a drinking buddy I would imagine. Someone you see at the bar every Friday night, you play darts with him, make sure to wave hello or good by, drink rounds with him, BS about stupid stuff, But never had a relationship outside the bar. Then one day he goes missing and you don't know why.

Anyways just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 am 
Crown Grade

The 'easily offended' snowflakes seem to be the clique members over on TS.com, maltz.
They are so offended that they have to ban anyone who has an opinion that differs from their own.

Last edited by mudpack on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
there are many in my life that I use forum pm's to contact on a regular basis. many like me are on dial up and using pm's and forum pic programs work better for us.
as I may have said before....I make more friends using pm's and never really have much to do with the regulars there. I also have a lot of ads running. now, I cant remember the ones who responded. they are left hanging.
the auto response feature usually lets me know I got a pm, but I cant access ts.
so...with the help of some here on sgw....im trying to piece together my old contacts.
did I need to explain? no. but I don't mind being open about it.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is talk that bans did not carry over to the new site at Trapshooters. Maybe you could get on and get the contacts you wanted re-established.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:04 pm 
Crown Grade

All the bans did carry over. It was user's ignore lists that didn't carry over.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
∞ R.I.P. 8Chan 2013-2019 ∞
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Maser wrote:

They say the bans didn't carry over and they are on to you Maser.
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/i- ... te.892919/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
Maser wrote:

They say the bans didn't carry over and they are on to you Maser.
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/i- ... te.892919/

On to what? I requested to be unbanned after the site upgraded and I was granted it by the admin I spoke with. So yeah, all the bans did in fact carry over.

DCx2 Acta Est Fabula
"Liberals need to own the First Amendment like the Conservatives own the Second" - Bill Maher
∞ R.I.P. 8Chan 2013-2019 ∞
Does anybody remember laughter? - Robert Plant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Who is the administrator? Obviously George MT was kept in the dark and doesn’t know anything according to his post.
Or he is a liar.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
Who is the administrator? Obviously George MT was kept in the dark and doesn’t know anything according to his post.
Or he is a liar.

On that site either is possible.

What's the difference? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have been banned form the last 60 days, was due to come off ban on the 26AUG, Im still banned, Sent 4 emails 1 response saying Im not banned? But Im banned,
Im not sure how I got banned? I tried to ask no response? I created a 2nd account and ask the Admin why I got banned with my other name, He then banned me for a 2nd 30 day ban for creating a 2nd name account? never told me why I was banned 1rst time? I have emailed them and ?? 1 reply saying your ban has been lifted but it is not.?

rbdjr same nick name as here.

Caesar Guerini Summit Trap Combo 32/34"
Winchester Model 59 Winlite 30"full 12ga
Ithaca Gun 36"12g
Pride of Spain10g
NRA LifeMember since2000

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next