Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

Grand American Move to Missouri
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=514520
Page 1 of 2

Author:  DEG [ Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Grand American Move to Missouri

Given the IL Governor's decision not to host this year's Grand American, do you think Sparta IL will ever see another Grand?

Not sure how well the Linn Creek MO shooting facility will handle the crowd and it's nearly as remote as Sparta. I think the closest lodging will be Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area, but only available to active and retired military.

Author:  bobski [ Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

linn creek isn't that remote. its only 6 miles off the main road and I see plenty of hotels in the osage beach area. plenty of infrastructure to handle crowds. food, sleep, entertainment, etc...
camping should be ample on site. was just there last march and it was huge. don't know how it compares to the current grand in size...but the staff isn't intimidated with crowds pulled in for the state shoot. seems to go fairly smooth.

https://www.claytargetsonline.com/locat ... sociation/

Author:  Vette Jockey2 [ Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

bobski's right. You will find all finds of lodging available in the Osage Beach/Camdenton area. Pretty country, too.

Author:  bobski [ Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

shhhh...don't tell anyone.

Author:  maltzahn [ Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

Mo home grounds are about half the size of the Sparta facility. Has plenty of accommodations for the crowd within a few miles. Lake of the Ozarks is completely developed for tourism. Plenty of camping on site and public facilities near by. They have 60 trap fields compared to 120 field at Sparta. MOdamzeri has the second largest trap range in the nation. Great people and accommodations. It will be a hoot.

Maltz

Author:  golden [ Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

Not sure how well the Linn Creek MO shooting facility will handle the crowd and it's nearly as remote as Sparta. I think the closest lodging will be Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area, but only available to active and retired military. [quote]



Since it's apparent that you have no idea what you are talking about I'll help you out: Remote? Not exactly!!


WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THE MTA GUN CLUB, THERE ARE…
Over 7,700 motel/hotel/resort rooms, condos and campground sites.
100+ restaurants, offering everything from burgers to steaks, both on and off the water.
The largest outlet mall in Missouri, featuring over 110 factory direct outlets.
More than 150 specialty shops including antiques, gifts, apparel, and souvenirs.
15 beautiful Championship Golf Courses, offering award-winning designs.
The 54,000 acre Lake of the Ozarks, featuring over 1,150 miles of shoreline.
The largest state park in Missouri, the 17,000 acre Lake of the Ozarks State Park.
Water parks, miniature golfing, go carts, country music shows, boat rental and excursions, marinas, fishing, skiing, hiking, museums, cave tours, horseback riding, bowling, arcades, even a haunted motel!

Author:  DEG [ Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

golden wrote:
Not sure how well the Linn Creek MO shooting facility will handle the crowd and it's nearly as remote as Sparta. I think the closest lodging will be Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area, but only available to active and retired military.
Quote:



Since it's apparent that you have no idea what you are talking about I'll help you out: Remote? Not exactly!!


WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THE MTA GUN CLUB, THERE ARE…
Over 7,700 motel/hotel/resort rooms, condos and campground sites.
100+ restaurants, offering everything from burgers to steaks, both on and off the water.
The largest outlet mall in Missouri, featuring over 110 factory direct outlets.
More than 150 specialty shops including antiques, gifts, apparel, and souvenirs.
15 beautiful Championship Golf Courses, offering award-winning designs.
The 54,000 acre Lake of the Ozarks, featuring over 1,150 miles of shoreline.
The largest state park in Missouri, the 17,000 acre Lake of the Ozarks State Park.
Water parks, miniature golfing, go carts, country music shows, boat rental and excursions, marinas, fishing, skiing, hiking, museums, cave tours, horseback riding, bowling, arcades, even a haunted motel!


I know exactly where it's located; I've been there many times.

Author:  golden [ Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

So, you've been there many times but you thought that the closest lodging was at Fort Leonard???
Something is really wrong with this picture.

Author:  DEG [ Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

golden wrote:
So, you've been there many times but you thought that the closest lodging was at Fort Leonard???
Something is really wrong with this picture.


Your reading skills are what's wrong with this picture. I said, "Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area".

Author:  golden [ Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

DEG wrote:
golden wrote:
So, you've been there many times but you thought that the closest lodging was at Fort Leonard???
Something is really wrong with this picture.


Your reading skills are what's wrong with this picture. I said, "Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area".


What you said was that Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area was the closest lodging to Linn Creek & the MTA Home grounds.........that was what you said wasn't it?
That's complete BS!

Author:  DEG [ Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

golden wrote:
DEG wrote:
golden wrote:
So, you've been there many times but you thought that the closest lodging was at Fort Leonard???
Something is really wrong with this picture.


Your reading skills are what's wrong with this picture. I said, "Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area".


What you said was that Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area was the closest lodging to Linn Creek & the MTA Home grounds.........that was what you said wasn't it?
That's complete BS!


Yes, it's 6 miles from the trap fields. I don't believe there is lodging any closer.

Author:  Bladeswitcher [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

golden wrote:
DEG wrote:

What you said was that Ft Leonard Lake of the Ozarks Recreation area was the closest lodging to Linn Creek & the MTA Home grounds.........that was what you said wasn't it?
That's complete BS!



The FLW Recreation Area is not located at Fort Leonard Wood (near Waynesville). It is, as the name implies, a recreation area at the Lake of the Ozarks. It is available for use by military members, veterans, etc. The Recreation Area has rental cabins and an RV camping facility. It is quite close to the trap fields.

https://leonardwood.armymwr.com/programs/lake-ozarks-recreation-area-lora

Otherwise, there's a boatload of hotels in the Lake of the Ozarks region. Many of them are probably looking for customers this year due to COVID-19. Lots of restaurants, too.

FWIW, I've never been to the Grand American but I've talked to people who have. Their first reaction when they hear the tournament is coming to "The Lake" is "how will they handle all the people." . . . So, apparently, there is some concern. Still, I'm not aware of any place that would be a better second choice to Sparta. You do what you have to do, I guess. Besides, surely attendance will be down this year. I'm confident the Lake will get it done.

Author:  bobski [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

im assuming the concern is based on if the current grand was operating with a max capacity crowd. granted, if the world was a safer place, and being the current grand is twice the size of linn creek, sure...I can see the concern.
but could it be they are anticipating 1/2 the crowd due to the pandemic?
food for thought.

Author:  trevijazz [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

How about vendor space ?
That may be a concern.
Curious how they will handle that.
Or if some/many, will sit this year out.

Author:  oyeme [ Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

Having been to the Lake of the Ozarks area many times, it sure would be a nice area to have such an event. Plus MO is gun friendly unlike some other states and centrally located for travel.

Author:  ATP71 [ Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

This years Grand at Linn Creek is going very well. Well run, on time and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. There’s motels and restaurants all over the place in close proximity.

Author:  bobski [ Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

imagine that...........

Author:  trevijazz [ Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

Is Krieghoff onsite ?

Author:  maltzahn [ Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

trevijazz wrote:
Is Krieghoff onsite ?


No....Krieghoff canceled attendance because of covid not because of location. Their quote not mine.

Maltz

Author:  cwtech [ Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Grand American Move to Missouri

maltzahn wrote:
No....Krieghoff canceled attendance because of covid not because of location. Their quote not mine.
Maltz


True! ...Pennsylvania requires anyone travelling from Missouri (as well as several other states) to quarantine for 14 days.

The Krieghoff team would have to be out of work for 2 weeks (probably with pay since it was for company travel), thus stopping/delaying much of the activity at Ottsville.

Liability cases for contracting covid will be the upcoming cash cow for ambulance chasers.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/