ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Help for a skeet shooter?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:54 am 
Crown Grade

To try and answer the OP - I have the same problem. I shot trap back in the 70s, quit and around 2000 took up skeet and SCs. I used a maintain lead in those games. After 18 years I tried trap again. Man, what a disappointment. Found out in a hurry what I was doing in those other games doesn't work in trap. The bird beats the barrel, and you just swing through and time your shot. At least that's what seems to happen to me. Maybe that's why I'll shoot a 25 one time, and a 17 or 18 the next. It seems like I have to shoot a lot of trap to get my timing down consistently. Guess I'm like you - still searching for the answer. When I was younger I didn't have this problem.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks Maltz. I took your advice and sent a message to the club. Hopefully it gets straightened out. The scorer didn't call out lost targets. That would have been helpful. Your input was very helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

I shot both skeet and trap yesterday. 25,25,23 on the skeet range and 21,21 on the trap range. Still a little disappointing, but at least consistent. I slowed myself down and it seemed to help a little. Still looking for a "coach."