ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Event at Tucson on the 16th? question about ammo and event.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:09 pm 
Field Grade

So I understand I can use my reloads no problem on the singles, But I also plan on doing handicap.

Can I just buy some ammo at Walmart first. Or does the Handicap ammo need to be purchased at the event?

Also what can you all tell me about these events? I have only shot at one other event so far and it was a small local one with only 5 shooters.

For example, If I finish up with my shooting and decided my shoulder feels up for doubles can I enter it later in the day, Or do I have to sign up for all of them at the start?

Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks
George

Post subject: Re: Event at Tucson on the 16th? question about ammo and eve
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 pm 
Field Grade

Well...

Got a 24, 20, 18, 15 on singles. By the last round I was about to collapse. Gave up on even trying the handicap and withdrew from that before it started. I am really disappointed in myself. I was expecting to get 21-23 on all of the rounds based on my practice averages.

I suck at shooting or standing in hot weather I guess :(

Gonna have to build up my endurance. I drink a LOT of water, but I tend to get carbonated water ( 0 cal, fat, sodium ect... just sparkling water. cause I used to be addicted to soda really bad and this keeps the craving at bay.) I am gonna try zero cal Gatorade/Poweraid or some electrolyte based additive to my sparkling water next as well as walking in the mornings to get prepped.

Other then that it was fun, Saw and meet some cool shooters!

Well I hope to do better next time, Actually I expect to since it will be cooling off finally!
George

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:09 pm 
Field Grade

And talked to my doctor today, Turns out a med I started recently is knowing for causing bad heat intolerance. Gonna be switching that out as soon as I can. Meeting with him on the 1st to figure out a replacement.

Anyways thanks for reading my ramblings LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

George, glad you are doing ok and you and you're Dr. figured out your meds. When its really hot and high humidity, I do not like to shoot in that weather.
To answer your question about ammo, it will be stated in the program if factory ammo is required for handicap. If it is not in the program, you are allowed to use reloads, but weather you use new or reload, it has to comply with ammo requirements in the ATA rules book. You can buy ammo anywhere you want. When you classify at the start of the shoot, just ask what the cut off for doubles is. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:32 pm 
Field Grade

grizquad wrote:
George, glad you are doing ok and you and you're Dr. figured out your meds. When its really hot and high humidity, I do not like to shoot in that weather.
To answer your question about ammo, it will be stated in the program if factory ammo is required for handicap. If it is not in the program, you are allowed to use reloads, but weather you use new or reload, it has to comply with ammo requirements in the ATA rules book. You can buy ammo anywhere you want. When you classify at the start of the shoot, just ask what the cut off for doubles is. Good luck.

Thanks for the info and well wishes!