ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 field - need a trap barrel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:43 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all. I'm looking to convert my field 1100 to a trap gun. I'm starting with the barrel. I can buy either the Pro Bore or the Classic Trap barrel. I know the Pro Bore is heavier and the Classic Trap uses Rem chokes. Can anyone chime in on any other differences? Are the ribs the same?

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 field - need a trap barrel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Some older Trap barrels had a step rib.

These are sought after now.

These can be fixed full or threaded for Rem Chokes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought a brand new Remington 1100 Sporting for Skeet, 5 Stand and Sporting. Bought it as a back up. So I wanted to turn it into a back up for trap. Added the Remington 30" Barrel with Screw in Rem Chokes. Had an adjustable comb installed with preset spacers set for Skeet, Sporting and Trap. Just remove the comb, change the two spacer and reinstall. The trap spacer lines up correctly with the Ad-A-Rib that I added to the top of the 30" Barrel. Then added a two barrel gun case. For what I spent I guess I could have had one Sporting Model and one Trap Model, but it was fun putting it together.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

rkittine wrote:
I bought a brand new Remington 1100 Sporting for Skeet, 5 Stand and Sporting. Bought it as a back up. So I wanted to turn it into a back up for trap. Added the Remington 30" Barrel with Screw in Rem Chokes. Had an adjustable comb installed with preset spacers set for Skeet, Sporting and Trap. Just remove the comb, change the two spacer and reinstall. The trap spacer lines up correctly with the Ad-A-Rib that I added to the top of the 30" Barrel. Then added a two barrel gun case. For what I spent I guess I could have had one Sporting Model and one Trap Model, but it was fun putting it together.

Bob

You know, I've thought for a long time I should have gone that route.
When I got back into clays after a long layoff in 2008 all I had left was a barely used
1187 Premier with a 26" Light Contour barrel I bought new in 1993 I used once in
a Dove hunt. I could have tricked that gun out with barrels and stocks for all the
games for a tiny fraction of the many thousands I spent on dedicated guns.
Unfortunately that gun would start binding up after 100 rounds from powder residue and require a thorough cleaning.