ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A400 XCEL MultiTarget shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am interested in getting one of these Berettas. If you have one, how do you like it? How do you like the rib system - is it durable? Does it stay locked in? Do you ever change it between games? Do you shoot sporting clays with it? I plan on using it mostly for trap.

Thanks,

Alan

Post subject: Re: Beretta A400 XCEL MultiTarget shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:28 am 
Utility Grade

I had two immediate problems with the one I had.

First time I shot it, a part came out of the adjustment mechanism on the rib. Amazingly, I found it, and loctited it in.

A while later, at the Grand, the hardware in the adjustable comb came loose. It was held in by 2 short wood screws with no epoxy or bedding. When I returned home, I epoxy bedded it.

Other than those problems, it worked well. I later sold it because I decided I liked break-open trap guns better.