ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Krieghoff KX6 Special vs ??
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:38 am 
Tournament Grade

Any thoughts on the NEW Krieghoff KX6 Special Trap single vs. Silver Seitz, Perazzi, Kolar, Krieghoff Trap Special, or any other Trap Singles.
Thanks for all input.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

Post subject: Re: Krieghoff KX6 Special vs ??
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am 
Presentation Grade

You asked and here's something to consider IMHO ? For the new price these are selling for ,
I see their re-sell value at much less , I'm talking about guns only a year or so old and not
even broke-in , in like new condition ! FWIW

I have a KS5 special and it has all of what the KX6 has to offer but IMH opinion the
KX6 is such a pretty gun , with nice wood and all the features a Single Clay target
shooter would want . As far as comparing it to other higher end guns , it can and
does , stay right with the big dogs as a tool for those who shoot them well !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:45 pm 
Utility Grade

I’ve never heard anything bad about a KX6. The other guns you mentioned are a bit pricier.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I shot the KX-6 for several years and have nothing but good thing to say about the model. I did sell it only because I also have 3 different K-80 combo's that I shot as well as the 6. The KX-6 is very simple design and reliable. Krieghoff has somehow take much of the recoil out by what I believe is through stock design and recoil directed straight back into the mass of the gun. I shot over 30K rounds with my 6 without any problems or issues other dropping the gun in Owatonna, MN gun club parking lot and breaking the tang lever that we hand to wait over a month to get one from Germany.

My KX-6 still remains the only gun Ive ever owned that I shot a 100 straight from long yardage handicap with. Every competitive trap shooter will tell you that is the time to start thinking about trading the gun off. At least that seems to be the trend anyway.

Maltz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:15 am 
Diamond Grade

BREAKEMALL wrote:
Any thoughts on the NEW Krieghoff KX6 Special Trap single vs. Silver Seitz, Perazzi, Kolar, Krieghoff Trap Special, or any other Trap Singles.
Thanks for all input.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

I'm new to ATA trap and mostly shoot recreationally with fellows shooting everything from Mossberg 500s to Perazzi, DT11s and Krieghoffs KX6, K80s. I shoot a Krieghoff KX-5 that I bought used, but started out with a M12 converted to a trap gun. When I went to a big shoot in Elysburg PA last year the shotgun that was mentioned in hushed, revered tones was the Silver Seitz. As in "Oh, look, so and so is shooting a Silver Seitz". I inferred from that, that they are expensive and have a good reputation. IMO, take any quality shotgun built for high volume use, that fits you, hits to your preferred POA and shoot the heck out of it until it's like a part of your body. It doesn't matter much, unless - - - you want people to talk about you and your shotgun in hushed, revered tones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 pm 
Crown Grade

About the only reason I'd prefer a Perazzi, Beretta, or Seitz over a Kreighoff is that those three brands are much handsomer (is that a word?) than the K-gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Handsomer is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

mudpack wrote:
About the only reason I'd prefer a Perazzi, Beretta, or Seitz over a Kreighoff is that those three brands are much handsomer (is that a word?) than the K-gun.

You must have mud in your eye too ?
There's not much offered in other target guns that , a K gun doesn't already have !
But , I agree with you , some like Blonds for their quick thinking ? I like Red-heads !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Ravenanme wrote:
mudpack wrote:

There's not much offered in other target guns that , a K gun doesn't already have !!

Except looks.
There's a noticeable difference between the styling of German products and Italian products (particularly if those products are guns).
Visually, it's like comparing Rosie O'Donnell with Jennifer Aniston. :mrgreen:

Last edited by mudpack on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

Break, I do not own a KX6S, I do own a K80 TS. Having said that I shoot with Two shooters that do own KX6S. One bought His gun shortly after I bought My K80, and the other one bought His after shooting the other man’s gun. We have discussed these guns a lot. First, are You a person that likes shooting a rollover comb. Not all of Us do, and the KX6S comes standard with one. Also, these guns come with a fairly high rib, for a topsingle. Might be a good idea to see if You can try before You buy. A big plus for this model, is that it is offered in a left-handed model/stock. Both of these shooters are left-handed. It can take a little while to find them, as They are not as prevalent as right-handed models. This model does come with a pretty good grade of wood, compared to previous models. Lastly, these guns are a pretty good value, as they are ruggedly simple, and I believe They will go a very longtime, without major maintenance, If doubles are not Your thing, and You don’t have the budget for a Silver Seitz, this gun is a no-nonsense trapgun that will hold up to some serious shooting on the summer circuit. Good luck in Your decision.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:17 am 
Utility Grade

I have had my KX-6 Special for 18 months. Beforehand I shot a Browning 725 combo and a Beretta 687 (Joel Etchen) combo. Of those guns, I love my KX-6 Special the best. I must admit I hated the rollover comb. This did not bother me much as I was buying a Stock Lock system anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 pm 
Field Grade

BREAKEMALL wrote:
Thanks for all input.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

The KX6 Special has been out for several years. What do you mean by "NEW". I don't see any new models on Kreighoff's website.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Newest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

KX6 won’t do anything that a BT99 will at a third of the price.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:12 am 
Diamond Grade

The BT99 that would compare closest to the Krieghoff KX6 is their BT99 Max High Grade (with an adj rib, adj comb, & ejector) and that model is only $1K (MSRP) less than the price of a KX6. The Krieghoff will have a better adj trigger, & no barrel porting.

If the std grade BT99 fits you and shoots to your preferred POI, then it would be a great choice and a good way to save money. But if we are comparing like features and grades, a new KX6 is only 18% more than the comparable Browning model.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Flor1 wrote:

KX-6.......Better trigger, better recoil reduction, more reliability. Even better than buying 3 BT-99's for the same money and having 2 spares.

Maltz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:15 am 
Crown Grade

maltzahn wrote:
Flor1 wrote:

KX-6.......Better trigger,

We aren't talking about rifles. A trigger has to be really, really bad before a shotgunner will notice it. Browning triggers (not talking about a BPS) are not, by any measure, bad. My Citori, for example, has a trigger that is crisp, with zero creep. It is, I'll admit, a bit heavy at nearly five pounds, but that can be easily adjusted by a gunsmith.

maltzahn wrote:
better recoil reduction,

By definition, actual recoil is determined by gun weight, muzzle velocity, and ejecta weight. Does the Kreighoff have immutable characteristics that give it an advantage in any of these three components of recoil? The answer should be obvious.
Of course, personal fit has a bearing on felt recoil and here again, the K-gun does not have intrinsic advantages over any other brand in this regard, since it is a personal thing and can be readily changed by the user should he/she so desire.

maltzahn wrote:
more reliability.
Depends on what your criteria is for determining how reliable a shotgun is. Until your claim can be fleshed out with specifics, I'd have to say that's just an opinion.

I will give the Kreighof the nod when it comes to this: because they generally cost more than the average Browning, they do come from the factory with bragging rights. If that's important to you, then the Kreighoff is definitely the preferred brand over the Brownings.

I like and respect Kreighoffs, but for the outlay they require, would prefer a gun that is actually pleasing to the eye and that shoots just as well.

As Ravenanme said, some like blondes, some like redheads. (I like both)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Visually, it's like comparing Rosie O'Donnell with Jennifer Aniston.

well......... damn, that's like havin a third place only beauty contest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

You have to shoot a Krieghoff to be able to compare it to a Browning. I have had lots of Brownings and still have a Special Sporting Clay's Edition. For me, as much as I love Browning shotguns, they don't compare shooting wise to the Krieghoff or to a Perazzi. I'm sure that Perazzi owners will say the same thing. There are reasons people pay lots of money for the top brands and it's usually not for bragging rights. Browning's are great guns and I really like them but they're not in the same boat as a Krieghoff and the only way to tell the difference is to shoot them both.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My opinion has experience. Have owned and shot several BT-99's, most all B-gun models, the mid-range Browning and Beretta, P-guns, K-guns, Alfermann. In Krieghoff the KS-5, Kx-5, Kx-6, and 4 K-80 combo's the one now using most is the special. Owning high grade shotguns is most about being able to afford them and shooting enough to justify the cost. When I wrote reliability, it was from experience, confirmed by the trapshooting community. After using quality triggers, both pull and release, it easy to call junk.... junk. It is easy to tame recoil with the experience of gun fitting, but the other side of recoil management is by stock design. Hence the custom stock business.

Mudpack
Since I know who you are personally, Larry. Its easy to research your trapshooting experience and its also easy to see your just bloviating having little experience. Better just stick to C-cars to have cred.

Maltz