ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recommendations for/Thoughts on M3000 Choke/Buckshot pairing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Bought a M3000 to use primarily for deer hunting, especially when doing drives and the occasional hunt with a dog club. Love it so far--gun's working great.

I've tried pairing the Stoeger factory full choke and the Carlson's full choke with Federal 3" 00 Buck rounds. The full choke/00 Buck combo is pretty deadly in my Mossberg, but I haven't seen similar results with the M3000. Just three pellets on average in a 9" paper plate.

Anyone have any recommendations they like? Or are y'all using a different choke with 00 Buck? I also wonder if I'm shooting wide and the pattern is so tight that the plate is just catching the edge of the pattern.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Recommendations for/Thoughts on M3000 Choke/Buckshot pai
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 am 
Diamond Grade

I'm partial to Kick's Buck kicker full chokes and Winchester 3" 00B loads. My Franchi Affinity will put 12 of 15 in 10" circle at 40 yards every time. A lot of folks around here say that's too tight for their taste. I say that should be par for the course to get a good kill on a deer. I've killed several truckloads of deer with that combo. Before I found that combo, I had a couple of guns that didn't like Kick's chokes. In those I tried flush full and modified chokes. Check out Sumtoy customs out of Georgia too. William Lambert makes great buckshot and turkey chokes. Regarding buckshot, try some Federal 3" flitecontrol 00B loads. I know a few folks that love them. Then there are the Remington loads. I'm not a fan, but I know a lot of folks that are. Good luck bud!

Post subject: Re: Recommendations for/Thoughts on M3000 Choke/Buckshot pai
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:15 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks--will try that pair out!