ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M3K: Ammo Recommended
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:32 pm 
Utility Grade

Completely new to shotguns, just bought an M3K after doing a little research. I see that the shotgun must be "broken in", I went to the range yesterday and had a great time. I shot Remington Nitro 1300, 2 3/4, 1oz I think those were the specs.

I'm asking what should I use to break it in. Also, what slugs are recommended(rifled or not)?

Any additional info is well appreciated.

Post subject: Re: M3K: Ammo Recommended
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nice gun! Welcome to Shotgunworld! {hs#

I think that you'll find that "breaking in" varies somewhat from gun to gun. Tolerances are different on every gun. Some need a lot of breaking in and some need none at all other than ordinary loads. Just don't try to shoot "mouse" loads through the gun until you've put at least 500 to 1,000 normal loads down the barrel with little or no problems.

What I find is more important is to give the new gun a good cleaning with solvent and then lubricate it with gun oil. If you're going to take good care of your gun and be able to handle/solve minor issues if/when they arise, then you need to become familiar with how to remove the trigger assembly and bolt assembly, and then how to reinstall them. It's not difficult. It's likely included in the Owner's Manual. Even if it isn't, you can likely find out how to do it on You Tube. If you still can't figure it out, ask on here. Someone will likely have the answer.

Ammo selection is also important. Winchester Universal shells often give trouble in semi autos, but Winchester AA shells are at/near top of the line shells. I think that the best budget shells are probably Federal or Estate Super Sport Competition Target shells. These won't break the bank and work well in most guns.

Good luck and enjoy your new gun. Use the "Search" feature on this site to research issues you may have. There's LOTS of good info that has been posted before and is usually easily found. If you can't find something, just ask. :)

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:55 pm 
Utility Grade

Well appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

Well slug wise.....i use brenneke black magic slugs. Very great in my stoager semi.....very accurate as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

Your 3000 should be fine if you didn't have a problem with 1 oz. Loads....if you do shoot some heavy loads ...do you go duck goose or turkey hunting ..great gun to shoot....lots of heavy through it...clays then will be no problems after those heavy loads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 pm 
Utility Grade

Will buy one as soon as shelter in place order is lifted. Was debating between this and the jm pro and this is it!