ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger Condor Competition, ejector removal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:24 am 
Utility Grade

Hi all,
I was hopeful when I saw the "I love my Stoeger" ,but after reading a bit I find that not everyone who posts here loves My stoeger or even their own if they have one.

SO if you want to recommend I sell mine and buy a ______ go right ahead.

For those of you who do have one, I just bought mine and haven't shot it yet. In preparation for its first outing, I broke it down as far as I could and cleaned/lubed what needed it.

One area I wasn't able to get cleaned to my satisfaction was the ejectors. It seems there is some pretty thick "lube" (and i use the word loosely) in the channel they slide in. I have scoured the internet and only found one reference (on this site) to removing the ejector triggers but nothing on the ejectors themselves.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Pictures would be nice if available.

Thanks in advance,
--Chris

Post subject: Re: Stoeger Condor Competition, ejector removal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am 
Field Grade

Somebody must know. I'm curious as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 am 
Field Grade

Should have did this first. Go to YouTube.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 am 
Field Grade

My bad, haven't found the Condor yet. A lot of different types out there, though it might be similar to something else but not yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm 
Utility Grade

I am about 90% sure that you somehow remove the Ejector Course Limiter and just slide the ejector out of the track. I just don't know what holds the course limiter spring and sphere. I am thinking a gentle tap on the limiter toward the muzzle while the ejectors are being held by the ejector release would do it...

I just don't want to be wrong and have to explain to Stoeger that I tried to do what they told me
Stoeger Customer Service wrote:
Don’t do it. I mean it. With these things if it ain't broke, don’t fix it. There’s nothing to clean out there anyway. This is not for the novice at all

I may write them again and see what they say....
I have a thousand shells through it and it is working great, but it still bugs me that I can't clean/lube them as well as I would like.