ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger customer service
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:50 pm 
Field Grade

Got a new to me coach gun about a month ago. Shot exactly 14 rounds, mostly reduced recoil buckshot, but a few federal shorties. Just checking to make sure it works before I leave it for my wife as a bedside gun. When I got home that night to clean it I noticed the rib was separated just in front of the chambers.

I call and email Stoeger and they say send it in but if it’s older than five years no warranty. And it was made in 2010 Based on serial number.

They called me yesterday to tell me they had received it. They’re going to send me a brand new gun even though this one is obviously too old! Said the rib could not be repaired and that they thought I would enjoy a new gun instead of one that I would not shoot!!. Nice to see customer service and stand behind your product is still alive.

Post subject: Re: Stoeger customer service
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:50 am 
Field Grade

Yes it is,
Congratulations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Fantastic customer service! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:40 pm 
Field Grade

Last week the ups driver dropped off a brand new coach! Less than 35 days from door to door. The wood is more plain than before, but this ain’t a Perazzi!

Can’t beat service like this on a gun almost 10 years old!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 pm 
Utility Grade

Thats nice news! And its good to know their service since im going to buy a new coach gun this month.

But its also not unusual service among all the makers. Officially, warranties are 1 year or 2 or whatever they state but unofficially its lifetime. As a legal matter its correct for them to have a stated end to their liability but as a practical matter everything is flexible in the gun world. Over time, I have had very few, if any, warranty problems. Hmm...i think zero. But...i have had cause to contact different makers with problems anyway, like a gun that was beginning to rust without any overt provocation after 20 years. I sent it back and it was re-blued and all fixed up --- no charge. Makers like and want to see well-maintained, unmodified guns and in those cases will go all out to take care of owners long after warranties officially end. Instances of getting the backs of their hands in reply can be traced to abused and strangely-modified weapons regardless of how well you argue your "improvements" actually improved anything.

Back to SXS, a reason I havent bought one new or used is the fear of barrel separation. Do you know the reason this happens? Is Stoeger prone to this problem due to poor quality/workmanship? I have heard of this on very old guns and never on new guns or Stoeger particularly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have three Stoeger 2000s. Never a problem that required warranty work.

Only gun company that I have had warranty issues with is Mossberg. I have had to send older guns to them for repairs. They either repaired at no charge or sent me a new gun of the same model or newer. Mossberg is slow but they have great CS. The only problems were with the SR series. I finally gave up on them and sold the guns after giving the buyer a complete history of what they were getting.

The two most common elements in the
universe are hydrogen and stupidity.”